PDA

View Full Version : Standard Tweeters S14a

maverick
05-09-2002, 14:27
Does anyone know whether the wiring for the tweeters is full range or not? I couldn't find a crossover anywhere. There seems to be a small capacitor next to the tweeter.

I was hoping I could reuse the wiring and just wire in my own capacitor next to my tweeter.

Actual_Ben_Taylor
05-09-2002, 15:01
The capacitor will be acting as a crossover (I think)

Stevecarter200
05-09-2002, 15:43
Originally posted by BenTaylor200
The capacitor will be acting as a crossover (I think)

Yep, it will.

maverick
05-09-2002, 15:44
Thanks guys. I will get my soldering iron out!! Ooer.:D

Daniel san
05-09-2002, 18:14
I just ripped them both out. The A pillar pod means you lose one anyway and then there's no point in having the other one. They're in the wrong place anyway!

DanS14
05-09-2002, 19:16
dan did you get the single or twin gauge pod for the A-pillar?

I understand the pillar goes up to the top of the windscreen but not across the top of the window yeah?

I'll be wanting to order a pillar mount soon.

Daniel san
05-09-2002, 21:19
I've got the GReddy twin 60mm pod. It covers the entire A pillar but not along the top, so you're absolutely right mate:)

DanS14
05-09-2002, 22:02
can you remind me of the cost of such an item?

Also what do you think is the most useful 2nd gauge to put in after a boost gauge????

Otherwise I'll get a single pod version :)

Thanks

Daniel san
06-09-2002, 07:48
About £110-ish.

I've got boost and EGT which is essential I think, unless you're going to fit a wide band lambda sensor and display in the car. This more expensive but displays the state of the car in real time so you can see if anything's wrong. It won't tell you exactly what the problem is, but it will tell you you need to look into it.

DanS14
06-09-2002, 09:03
Thanks dan.

With the exhaust gas temp meter, would an overly high exhaust temp be indicative of weak fuelling, or does it show something else? (or do you just use it to judge when you can produce flames!!:):))

If that is what it shows would not one of those autometer gauges that shows whether the engine is running weak/rich/stoich.. do the same job but "in real time" ??

Daniel san
06-09-2002, 18:37
The EGT does run real time and is used as an indicator. Basically, you really don't want it to read above 900degrees at any time, so if it does, something needs checking.

On the other hand, a wide band lambda sensor will give you a constant read out of the air/fuel ratio and you'll be able to tell if there's a problem. It's handy to have both I guess.

and yes, the Autometer air/fuel gauge is good.