PDA

View Full Version : Brake cylinder ( ABS or NON-ABS )

Vividance
27-11-2005, 07:06
hi,
can anyone help me on these.
I read through other thread about ditching the ABS and using a T joint.

I had an ABS but I ditched it. Brake feel was much better.

Now I had my brake cylinder was leaking ,so I change to a new brake cylinder.
However, the new brake cylinder has 3 output( for a Non-ABS S13 ). So now I have to block one of the output from the brake cylinder and use just 2.

After the change, the feel of the pedal is no longer firm. The travel is a long long way down before the brake bites.

My questions is : can the NON-ABS, brake cylinder be use in a ABS setup without compromising the brake feel? Does it matter using two output instead of 3?

Asentaja
27-11-2005, 10:13
abs-model master cylinder is bigger... so if you change it to smaller one, of course you have to push it harder...

Vividance
27-11-2005, 11:48
arrrgh ... that explains ...:mad:
thanks mate ...:thumbs:

Vividance
27-11-2005, 11:55
thinking back ...
I tried one of my friend's S13. His model was originally without ABS so he actually have all the 3 out from the brake cylinder hock up to the 4 pot front brakes. Notably his brake feel was much firmer than mine !! In fact it had the same firmness as mine before I swapped my leaking brake cylinder.

I was thinking is it possible to bring back the brake feel by utilizing the third output and pipe it directly to the front brake?

That is... to have the front brakes individually connected directly to the brake cylinder instead of using just one and splitting it with a T-joint