PDA

View Full Version : Blowers not working

matt gibbs
24-11-2005, 15:49
hi guys, quick problem cars been sitting for ages as havent had much money to keep on with the project, but when i started her up to drive her to a diff place for storage, the blowers don't work, not that they don't warm up.. no air at all comes out not cold or hot, apart from fuse blown which I can't see any blown what could be the cause of this?

cheers guys

Matt

matt gibbs
25-11-2005, 13:23
ttt

VeilsideS13
25-11-2005, 13:41
could be that something not right at the back of the control unit in your centre console? A few plugs run in behind their that control your air flow. If its not that, could be the same wiring but in the engine bay. No other ideas sorry!! :confused:

matt gibbs
28-11-2005, 08:53
oh :( i'm crap with car electrics! any one any other ideas also?

935Baby
28-11-2005, 11:08
There is fuse called Blower

Or if fuse is ok on 90% is problem with blower resistor. Check service manual section Heating and search for location of that part.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/935Baby/Mix/resistor.jpg

Title of picture says AC componets but that resistor is also on cars without AC so basically if you dïsconnect that resistor blower will not be blowing, i tested this.

This is RHD locationt on LHD ist probably in different position.

andypat
28-11-2005, 16:16
also I know this might sound silly but have you taken the controls out of the dash. there is a wire that connects to the blower control has this come adrift and maybe not working the motor I have had this happen to mine when I have removed the blower controls.