PDA

View Full Version : winter noises?

beasty
21-11-2005, 10:48
just wondering if anyone else gets that horrible belt slipping noise when you got your heater cranked up full? or is it that i need a new belt somewhere?:confused:
also, does anyone else have there interior light fill up with water on a regular basis?!?!? or is that just me too?

Angry Paul
21-11-2005, 10:55
I used to have the interior light problem, easy fixed though.
Just take the light out and put some sealant around the fitting for the rear window washer from the inside, rear passengers will stay nice and dry after that...

beasty
21-11-2005, 10:58
aint the passenger thats the problem! it keeps getting me! bloody thing:furious: last thing you want at 6am when its -2 outside!

cheers for advice, willl be fixing that as soon as im out of work!

arry
21-11-2005, 11:12
my belts have been slipping a bit first thing in the morning with everything on.

Check the bottom hinge bolt on the alternator, they get a little loose sometimes and can cause this

ATrull
21-11-2005, 11:39
use the tensioner bolts to make sure its all tight ? :)

john2512_00
21-11-2005, 13:40
Yea just hear this on mine the other day, (first day ot was properly damp/cold) belt slipping till teh car was heat up and after its been running ages it makes a slipping while idle noise, like a belt sqeaking in time of a rattle or something if that makes sence lol