PDA

View Full Version : A few easy questions about S13's

Sphinx
13-11-2005, 20:55
I'll be looking at S13 200sx's as soon as i have the money and i just need to know a few things. I've tried searching but cant find anything on these subjects:
Basically i want to know what is 'the norm' when it comes to some of the bodywork, so i can keep an eye out for accident damage etc. Also i'm looking at facelift models.

-The black strip down the side in the recess: Is there this black strip on every S13? becuase i've seen some with and some without.
- Engine bay colours: Are the engine bays/slam panels the same colour as the car? now this may sound stupid but on a lot of fords the engine bays and slam panels are finished in a dark grey to save cost on spraying metalic colours, and its a great way to tell if the front end had been damaged and re-painted.
- Stamps on the panels - Are thier clearly visable dates or logo's stamped on the edges of any panels? ie, the tops of the front wings.

I'd really appreciate if someone could answer these questions or give me any more information.

Thanks

Tom

Stevecarter200
13-11-2005, 21:06
Strip is standard, black or grey depending on the paint colour.

No, engine bays generally arent the same colour as the bodywork. Dark colours generally have black, silver has grey, red have a dull red and white is white.

No stamped dates that I know of.

Big G
13-11-2005, 21:06
*The black strip is just a vinyl IIRC alot of people remove it

*Engine bays are the same as the body colour I think :confused:

*Panel stamps (for chassis number) are clear on the rear slam

Hope that helps, think its all correct!!!! :wack:

Sphinx
14-11-2005, 10:27
Thanks fellas :thumbs:

I take it SteveCarter200 is a moderator?

arry
14-11-2005, 13:41
Steve Carter is many things, amongst the titles is Chief Bodgerupper and Chairman of the SXOC :D

Mad Man Dan
14-11-2005, 14:29
Steve Carter is many things, amongst the titles is Chief Bodgerupper and Chairman of the SXOC :D

he's my hero :smitten: