PDA

View Full Version : Which 6.5" components for front ?

Scottie
05-08-2002, 11:02
I have now ordered my new Alpine Head Unit from MCS, the CDA7893 MP3 unit for only £229.

Next question is which components to put in the front doors of my S13. They will be run off two channels of a four channel Rockford Fosgate amp, and will receive at least 65W RMS each. I am looking at 6.5" comps.

Can anyone give me some recommendations, I will be looking to spend between £80 to about £130 for the right set of components.

Also, I am running a four channel amp to put 65WRMS to each of the front speakers, and 250WRMS to a 10" sub in the boot, would you recommend putting 6x9's on a MDF parcel shelf and also running these off the two front channels on the amp (the amp will run at 2 ohms and supply 4 x 125WRMS at 2 ohm). Or, should I not bother with the 6x9's and just use rear fill from the Head Unit.

Help appreciated.

Ray Ray
05-08-2002, 18:48
Exactly the same problem after I get a amp for my car.

For parcel speakers only use as rear fill. Also 2ohm would be too much for ur amp coz it would draw higher current ...then u amp is getting hotter than running at 4ohm mode....u will shorten it's life span and increase distortion.

IMO get a decent components 1st.
coz 130pound u can only get entry level speaker.

Try to consider those component around 180 to 200

my preference are BA, DLS...etc...
the quality of the front component is very important and uwon't need to buy another set for years except u abuse it.
Also the choice of speaker depend on what kind of music u listen.

Hope it helps
Ray

p.nicholas
06-08-2002, 23:23
dont know if this any good to you but i run kenny dual mags
front and rear,just have too remove silly mounting lugs and straight in(front door panels)