PDA

View Full Version : Crap Clarion

GrahamB
22-07-2002, 12:17
I have the standard Clarion unit in my car and its possessed:eek:

When I start the car the bloody thing will only let me drop the volume:confused:

After a while I can then use the other options Volume up, previous track, next track.

I don't particularly want to junk the whole system, just the head unit. So my question is....

If I get a new "Cheap" Clarion head unit will it work with the standard changer in the boot (if its got a changer control option) or will I have the worlds biggest pain in the arse???

Don't want to end up spending too much money as I have plenty more important things to spend my moolah on first....Zorst, Filter, Gauges, Wheels etc etc.......

Ta

Kev
23-07-2002, 00:26
Sorry mate, cant answer ur questions, but id suggest putting in a post in the wanted section for a S14 stereo.
With the amount of peeps who upgrade their head units, im sure there will be some who would be willing to sell u their standard unit cheap.

Kev

JonnySpeedbump
23-07-2002, 09:49
Graham,
yep, you should be able to use most Clarion head units with a Clarion changer (with the exception of some of the CD head units methinks.....). I've had 3 clarion radio/cassette head and they've all worked with my standard 6 disc changer.

Before you shell out the extra moneys tho' try this: Strap the offending head unit to the bed, invite round your local priest and shout at the top of your voice (whilst brandishing a crucifix ;) ), "The power of Christ compells you"!!! :D

Cheers,
Jonny