PDA

View Full Version : Fitting new stereo....help needed

JonnySpeedbump
13-07-2002, 17:53
Alrighty peeps,
decided it was finally time to ditch the dinosaur masquerading as my head unit (original Nissan radio/cassette!). I've got the ISO converter from Halfords but it seems I need to get a converter for the dual pin aerial connector too. Tried in Halfords, no joy.... any ideas?
While I'm here; the cage that comes with the head prolly won't work with the Nissan's mounting bracket, can I just screw the Clarion into it like the old one?
Thanx,
Jonny :)

Phil L
13-07-2002, 21:03
The stereo should screw straight onto the nissan bracket...well mine is anyway cos it was an ar5e to take out cos I thought it was in its own bracket.

Chris
15-07-2002, 00:42
aerial connector available at halfords, special order , ice catalogue . mine took about 3 days , under a tenner!

JonnySpeedbump
15-07-2002, 19:24
Good stuff chaps, thanks for the advice :) !
Carnut, next time I'm in Halfords I'll remember to speak to one of the Ripspeed boys rather than the crusty, 60 year old, parts lady :rolleyes: ;) !
Cheers,
Jonny

Kev
17-07-2002, 02:03
Jonny, u gonna make it to Billing mate?
Hows things with the car now anyway mate?

Kev

JonnySpeedbump
17-07-2002, 12:05
Alrighty Kev,
how's things?
Unfortunately I won't be at billing :( , combination of being under the thumb (damn women :rolleyes: !), saving for a holiday and being on call at the weekends :mad: .....
Take it you're still going, I hear your mota's coming together nicely :) ! Bet you can't wait to show it off eh ;) .
My 2***** is pootling along OK, still a bit feckin' thirsty tho' :rolleyes: . Got the cat removed and fitted a K&N Panel filter - feels quicker :D :D :D . Want to get it onto a rolling road as there is a strong smell of fuel when accelerating and it shakes like a barsteward in the morning before it warms up :eek: . It's been suggested my valves or valve seats may be fecked, ouch :( .
How was your holiday BTW? Whereaboots did ye go?
Cheers,
Jonny

PS. Do you know of a rolling road tuners near Glasgow Airport at all. May be called AVO or somethin'....:confused:

RichSeal
17-07-2002, 13:11
Originally posted by carnut
aerial connector available at halfords, special order , ice catalogue . mine took about 3 days , under a tenner!

I just stuck one of the pins into the aerial hole in my radio. Works fine, you just have to remeber to put it back in if you pull the radio out for maintenance :D

Chris
17-07-2002, 16:54
Originally posted by RichSeal

I just stuck one of the pins into the aerial hole in my radio. Works fine, you just have to remeber to put it back in if you pull the radio out for maintenance :D

tight *******:D :D :D :D

Kev
18-07-2002, 21:25
Hols was Gran Canaria, was good mate.... wat i can remember:D

Car is... coming along...

Tuners with rr is called AVA and they are out the back of GGow airport they are in the yellow pages im sure, but be careful with them.............

Kev