PDA

View Full Version : Ride quality

Sars
30-10-2004, 02:37
hi im thinking of lowering my series 2 by about 1.5 - 2 inches with king springs. 200sx.org says my ride quality will suffer with "excessive negative camber at the rear". Just wondering if anyone has any experiences they could share and/or some advice.

Cheers :thumbs:

paul
30-10-2004, 02:54
Most of us that lower on springs suffer with camber issues. Personally I have camber issues but it hasnt affected the ride quality, in fact if anything it has made cornering a lot better. Also there is a small amount of camber adjustment available on the back, and you can get extra adjustment for front and back from good traders :Plug:
The rest of the ride wasnt changed much until I put on upgraded anti-roll bars that made a real difference.
When lowering the car you should think about the kind od roads you normally drive on. This is what your mate might be on about. If the roads are rough then lower springs will make it worse. If good overall quality of roads then shouldnt be a problem.

Paul

cHiL
30-10-2004, 15:03
get uprated dampers tho..

SM
30-10-2004, 22:40
Lowering 15mm at the back will max out the camber, you will then need camber bolts or arms. Lower 40mm or so and throw toe arms in as well.

You'll need pillowmounts for the front.

Of course thats in an ideal world, some people just put up with it.