PDA

View Full Version : New Exhaust Ordered! from US

lordfarquad
27-10-2004, 00:01
Hi
still quite a newie !
Just ordered my exhaust, S/S manifold, down pipe, decat, mid section and rear section. Just wandering what to expect, its one of those tuneable ones that are supose to go from quite quiet to all out noise pollution. :thumbs:

Has anyone else got one of these and do they really work and how do they work !

would post some pics but have a scooby how to do that !!

cheers. :D

GINNO
27-10-2004, 05:43
What exhaust is it mate we'll need to know what make it is to know roughly what you are on about??? :confused:

You have a Scooby that posts pics?? Thats a cleaver car mate :D

davebargh
27-10-2004, 06:42
I got S/S manifold, turbo elbow and Apexi style 3" bore exhaust from SS Autochrome (US Ebay). The parts look to be of good quality (materials/welding) although gaskets supplied are naff. "Tuneable" part of exhaust is a smaller diameter outlet pipe inserted into exhaust tail pipe. This in effect is restricting the gas flow reducing noise. I've got a Scorpion S/S expansion box to go in where cat is to reduce noise but not restrict same.

s14Danny
27-10-2004, 07:45
im running a megan racing tubular manifold , 3" dump pipe, 3" front pipe , damo decat & full apexi n1 evo 3" exaust & on idle its pretty quite giving only a small burbble . even on normal driving its still fairly quite as i park the car on my drive behind my house underneath my daugters room ( 15 mths old) & it dont wake her , but when you give the car some much needed abuse it will wake the dead. but from inside the car it sounds mint . :eek:

Andy
27-10-2004, 10:47
Don't forget you'll have quite a large bill from Customs & Excise when the postman calls as well :(

SM
27-10-2004, 10:52
Seems daft ordering an exhaust from the states, when you can have a decent exhaust on your doorstep within a couple of days from one of the traders. Eg full goose is £380+delivery seperate frontpipe decat + fat 3" exhaust you can stick your arm up is still around £450+delivery.

Hope its a bargin to have it shipped half way accross the world, or some exceptional masterpeice.

JulesS14200
27-10-2004, 11:59
Good luck with the manifold, apparently the ones from SS Autochrome are a biatch to fit :(

liquidsmoke
27-10-2004, 12:05
davebargh - is that SSautochrome exhaust for your S14? is it from turbo back or catback? Did you have any problems fitting it?

davebargh
27-10-2004, 13:09
davebargh - is that SSautochrome exhaust for your S14? is it from turbo back or catback? Did you have any problems fitting it?
Yes it's for S14, Catback. Not fitted yet although laid alongside standard exhaust it looks OK (For £100 ish I'll make it fit). I've been waiting for MOT before modding exhaust and it passed on Monday. I'll keep you posted.

PS
I've noticed SS Autochrome are doing a revised version with a "swan neck" into back box.
Megan Racing decat pipe sold for S14 is about 2" too short (mine was)

RaZoR RoG
27-10-2004, 17:29
I got a cat back exhaust for my S14 (v.similar looking to the one bren sells) of SS autochrome for under £200 delivered from the U.S. & took 3 days to arrive
It fitted easily(took under 30 mins including removal of old exhaust), and looks to be good quality(nice lookin welds & v.shiney),came with bung &gaskets & bolts & nuts, best of all it sounds loverly!! :smitten:
and I even got a call from a customs bloke at southampton who asked what it was for, I told him it was a warranty replacement part for my car and the nice bloke said they wouldnt charge me any tax.. result :thumbs:

I can honestly say I was well pleased with it and ss autochrome aswell, but after reading some posts on here, it seems that its a bit of a lucky dip where their involved, which is a shame as if they treated us all well they might have got alot of custom out of this club

kngp2104
27-10-2004, 17:38
Have you got a link into SS Autochrome?? I have tried a search on Ebay but it comes up with nothing??

Ta

zenkis14
27-10-2004, 19:01
Quick link to a s14 SS catback system from SSAUTOCHROME on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7930043885&category=33630

Website of SSAUTOCHROME: www.ssautochrome.com

Cheers ;)

lordfarquad
27-10-2004, 22:10
yeh its the one from ssautochrome.
fancied something different but obviously not that different eh !
have got them to put "gift" on the shipping details so i skip the nasty bills!
should work but will let you know !
will let you know how many angle grinders i go through for the manifold etc !
cheers for your help guys !

davebargh
28-10-2004, 02:05
SS Autochrome labelled up my manifold, exhaust and turbo elbow as either "prototype diesel fuel part" or "sample no commercial value" without asking and I didn't pay duty or vat although exhaust took 5 days to clear customs at Manchester Airport.
I bought an Apexi AVC-R from Japandy (Ebay) and he sent it from Japan in pretty wrapping paper with "Happy Birthday" on front, value $25. Anything to beat customs eh!!

s14Danny
28-10-2004, 07:03
yes i got stung with a good customs bill on the door as i ordered quite a few bits from megan racing had to pay 125.00 on the door to mr posty :eek: :whip: . but when ive ordered from ss auto chrome he usualy puts sample on the package & lowers the cost on the paperwork to help ypu avoid any charges. the ss autochrome manifolds fit spot on with no fowling or the head or cutting required. :nod:

lordfarquad
28-10-2004, 21:35
decent ! all sounds good guys !
hopefully postman pat is none the wiser and i have the duty pennies to help bp cover all there losses for this year ! true! the record profits must be because i bought my sx !!

ELORTO
28-10-2004, 22:13
Hey, I got mine from Blueflame UK. Amazing seller.

This http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112154

luca_200sx
29-10-2004, 06:53
i have an ssautochrome catback too!
i bought it more than one year ago and i can say it´s a good product!
and it sound good too whit stock turbo!