PDA

View Full Version : new turbo question

drifting king
26-10-2004, 21:37
i meant to ask Nismo mark lasnight :sleep: ,the T28 turbo from APEX,would that bolt straight onto my SR20DET and downpipe,or will there have to be fabricating done to make it fit :confused: ?????? all replies welcome :thumbs:

Andy
26-10-2004, 21:42
Should be a straight bolt on job :thumbs: direct swap for what you have at the moment - not knowing you or your car I'm assuming that you have an S14/s14a and haven't dropped an SR into an S13 ;)

drifting king
26-10-2004, 21:50
Ive an engine-less 1995 s14.Bearings went on the bottom end a few months back :( .In the process of getting a new engine and modding it to the nines before i throw it in. :D Hav'nt exactly decided what to do to the engine yet.would you have any suggestions,keeping in mind the fact its a standard engine im geting,without the turbo,think il sourse and aftermarket one.. :eek:

Andy
26-10-2004, 22:00
Depends what you mean by modding it to the nines? The standard engine can be modded to around 260-280 bhp quite safely with bolt on mods :D Induction kit, decat exhaust, colder plugs, uprated fuel pump, uprated wing or front mount intercooler, and a boost valve to raise the boost to about 15 psi (and a boost gauge to check it). A standard T28 will be sufficient for that level as well.
If you're planning on going further than that then you'll need a different turbo, bigger injectors, some sort of fuel management, probably an uprated clutch, maybe a metal head gasket. There are a lot of options :)
Best thing would be to sit down, decide what sort of power/spec you want, then plan out the parts needed to reach that level :thumbs: