PDA

View Full Version : Second Touch up...

emem
18-10-2004, 10:20
Thank you ppl for reply, really usefull as now i'm heading to garage!
Now, engine is on the way, but paintwork and brakes are my next concern.

The one I have is brigth red and on the nose, edge of bonnet, some large spots of paint have come of leaving a horrific sign of 1st hand usage, same on the back. From anyone's experience, whats the trouble in re-spraying the whole thing another color, or if more sensible, the same red? And the cost? DIY?

Also for the brakes, when I first got in the car it stopped like a caravan with a trailer, now like a caravan...bit better, still no good tho, if it weren't for ABS i'd be on a tree.
What brakes (pads, discs, fluid) have you upgraded to and again, how much should I hope to spend?

And.....what do I do with suspensions?

I will post pics soon, thanks again to all. :)
Emem

s14 - Red
That's it...

DanS14
18-10-2004, 16:58
Brakes - a good set of pads and disks will improve braking (see traders section for prices), however if you're planning on a lot of power increases you may want to consider a larger brake upgrade. You can fit the 310 kit from Apex or indeed Skyline GTR calipers and discs with a little modification.

I have the 310 kit with expensive pads (can't remember the name!) and its stops great.
I've also got racing fluid and solid brake lines which also help matters.

As for suspension, there are a lot of choices, from a £150 set of springs to £1000 worth of fully adjustable coilovers. I've fitted KYB AGX adjustable dampers and lowering springs which do a pretty decent job of firming things up.

For paintwork, have a look at the paintwork sticky thread for advice. Ninjasx out to be able to help.

Kind regards

Dan