PDA

View Full Version : Emanage & boost

evil_scooby
17-10-2004, 21:41
Just wondering who on here that has an emanage uses the boost sensor cables that you can get?
And if they think its worth while.

Also a little explanation of what they do?
I checked on the website and there seems to be two cables?
When I initially bought the emanage and the other harnesses I was told I didnt need it as a turbo car had a map sensor (if thats what this is)

Does this sensor help you map the car according to boost levels and make the mapping a lot better?

Whats the pros and cons?

Also, there was a big group buy on emanages, but not really a lot of views and opinions on them if there great or average or any good stuff about them, all I can find is a few people with some issues.

Whats your opinions?

mambastu
17-10-2004, 22:15
Just wondering who on here that has an emanage uses the boost sensor cables that you can get?
And if they think its worth while.

Also a little explanation of what they do?
I checked on the website and there seems to be two cables?
When I initially bought the emanage and the other harnesses I was told I didnt need it as a turbo car had a map sensor (if thats what this is)

Does this sensor help you map the car according to boost levels and make the mapping a lot better?

Whats the pros and cons?

Also, there was a big group buy on emanages, but not really a lot of views and opinions on them if there great or average or any good stuff about them, all I can find is a few people with some issues.

Whats your opinions?

The map sensor or boost input into the e-manage is for an optional map sensor. This enables you to measure air flow and therefore map fuelling and ignition after the standard AFM maxes out at 5v. Its an alternative to getting a Z32 AFM although not as good because the AFM obviously has a larger bore (less restrictive) than a standard S14 or S13 AFM.

I've been using an E-manage for more than two years now on CA and RB. Its a cracking bit of kit for the money and very versatile.
I personally think its very easy to install and map.

Most problems that people have are down to poor installation or they just simply don't know how to map it properly.
There are companies in the UK that aren't keen on it but I think thats purely down to the fact that its much cheaper than the Power FC and FCON and the software is readily available which means that as a customer you're not tied to a particular mapper........they don't like that very much ;)

They're also a lot of companies that don't seem to have a clue when it comes to mapping it, bizarre as its so easy.

evil_scooby
17-10-2004, 22:22
So are you saying if you already have a z32 AFM then there aint no point really in having the boost sensor? or is it not really a boost sensor?

Do you use the two maps or the three maps to make it easier to map?
And how do you make it more boost sensitive.

mambastu
17-10-2004, 22:30
So are you saying if you already have a z32 AFM then there aint no point really in having the boost sensor? or is it not really a boost sensor?

Do you use the two maps or the three maps to make it easier to map?
And how do you make it more boost sensitive.

No point in having the map sensor unless you go beyond the airflow limits of the Z32 AFM which is supposed to be 450bhp +

I use the air flow, additional fuel, ignition and sub injector map (for WI)

evil_scooby
17-10-2004, 22:44
No point in having the map sensor unless you go beyond the airflow limits of the Z32 AFM which is supposed to be 450bhp +

Whats WI ?

Oh well dont think I will be hitting 450bhp or near it.
Take it this map sensor doesnt do anything with boost then?

mambastu
17-10-2004, 22:49
Water Injection

The E-manage doesn't control boost, you'll be needing an E-01 for that.

Tricky-Ricky
18-10-2004, 01:06

Have to disagree Stu, as i find that being able to scale the additional injector, sub injector and timing maps by boost, very usefull, :nod:
but then the sensor comes with the E-01 so it would be silly not to make use of it!
i am now begining to think that although its recomended that you use the air flow map for removing fuel, it would be best to make any corse ajustments with the air flow map! (wheather it be + or - being careful not to overdo things on the + side! or fuel cut could result) and then do the fine ajustments of adding more fuel using the additional injector map!

Crazy
19-10-2004, 12:04

Can you give me some more info on this please as I have a Greddy E-manage fitted to my car and water injection :thumbs:

I have the Aquamist 1A kit and the Greddy E-Manage with ignition & injector harness :D