PDA

View Full Version : Develoment plan ideas please.....

scWirral
17-10-2004, 16:59
OK, a very open ended question this. I know it all depends on budget and what you want from the car, but having done the basics (exhaust, induction, plugs, boost valve, uprated front discs and pads) I am wondering about the next step.

I want to have an everyday usable car that will be fun on the occasional track day. Bren's Hybrid FMIC looks sexy as hell, but the car doesn't feel slow, and I am thinking that £500 would be better spent on suspension upgrades?

My main concern is that mods should be as future proof as possible. I am following with interest jez's progress with the s14a remap work....

BTW, the intro guide to modding the s14(a) on this site was really helpful. Anyone fancy writing the next chapter?!

Finally, I am going to do the Track Action Oulton Park day on November 13th with a few mates. Any one else going?

Daniel san
17-10-2004, 17:12
If you're pleased with how well it goes, I'd say look at these

Whiteline roll bars
Tein Super Street coilovers / lowering springs (depends on budget)
Front and rear braces

Dunno how much you wanna spend but that's gonna make it corner too:)

Lenagh
17-10-2004, 18:53
I agree dan I think thats a good combo for a road going car. Either the super street or the Nismo S-tune matches with the uprated ARB's.

Daniel san
17-10-2004, 20:22
Yeah, the S Tunes are good dampers. I prefer Tein though if nothing else they are fully serviceable in the UK which enables me to give a customer much better after sales service and quick turnaround time:)

Not only that, Tein's rock :nod: :notworthy

mike_s14
17-10-2004, 20:40
might be up for the Oulton park day, you got more details? I went 4 years ago on a open pit lane, used a full tank in 70 miles............

I've just received arbs will put them on next week most probably and the hybrids are well worth the money

scWirral
17-10-2004, 20:44
http://www.track-action.co.uk/

I have been to a number of their events and they are well orgainsed with plenty of time on the black stuff. Have only ever riden passenger..... Looking forward to losing my virginity!

mike_s14
17-10-2004, 21:02
you'll love it I'm telling you :D

140 doesnt sound too bad, I might even get my slicks out.........

scWirral
18-10-2004, 07:10
They guys I'm going with are pretty serious and have a selection of wheels and tyres they use. Last year at the Christmas do it was very wet, and they managed to get hold of used touring car wets. As they drive and R32 GTR and an Evo 7 RS they owned the track!

I have a set of original nissan alloys that have reasonable tyres, so I will still have my road set to drive home on.....

Be good to cu there :thumbs: