PDA

View Full Version : EGRC_BPT Valve & EGR Valve

stumitch
14-10-2004, 05:55
Soon i'm going to be changing my exhuast manifold & turbo outlet and whilst investigating yesterday on what i'll be needing i noticed a hose from my exhuast manifold to my EGR valve.

When i replace this manifold do i just take off the EGR valve and accompanying lines as they will not be needed ??

Whats the easiest way to change the manifold etc ?? Do i just drop the manifold off with the turbo and turbo outlet or do i have to replace one thing at a time? I'm not looking forward to this job as it looks cramped and fiddly. So if someone can give me some pointers that would be great. :)

NissanNewbie
14-10-2004, 06:20
Yeah you could remove them, although you will need to block a vacuum line on the front of the plenum and the hole in the rear of the plenum.

As for getting the manifold/turbo off, it all comes off in a oner complete with oil and water feeds and the turbo elbow. You will need to cut through the egr pipe if you are intending to skip it, if you are keeping it then the only end which is likely to come off is the plenum end, which is a pain in the arse to get too (the exhaust side will most likely be welded to the manifold) I put a cold chisel through mine, one of those gator saw things or a long bladed jigsaw would probably work.

There are loads of threads on EGR removal kicking about. I was really answering to say yes the turbo manifold and elbow can all come out together.