PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone advise on this

turbo pete
07-04-2002, 15:00
I do i go about fitting this lot?
What else do I need? Amp, Speakers for doors, crossovers?
My door speakers are crap.

Turbo pete

turbo pete
07-04-2002, 15:01
And how do I put more than one pic in at once?

turbo pete
07-04-2002, 15:03
and this

turbo pete
07-04-2002, 15:04
and finally

Spinner
07-04-2002, 15:49
Your mission is should you choose to accept it.........................loads off hassle and grief as well as skin!

I would wait until you have most of the bits your going to fit before you embark on the mission. E.G you will need to have the head unit out again if you want to fit an amp.

Very generally.

Start by finding out how all the facia comes off, you need to do this in order to fit the head unit and run the wires. Usually best to take interior out to run wires under the carpet etc. Hence doing this more than once or twice will just take ages.

Get some replacement speakers and bin the other ones if they are poo.

Get an amp if thats your aim.

Free up a weekend and make sure you know a local hifi shop who can sell you bits and bobs that you may not have.

Use decent speaker cable and connectors or it will not sound as good as it could. Be prepared to possibly strengthen the speaker housing with say MDF if it's a bit flimsy or it will again sound sub-standard.

I would try to do it all at the same time as it's easier to plan and do etc

Asht_200
10-04-2002, 12:47
First Measure the bench part of the seat to see if it fits where the rear seats are.

Oh sorry, this is the ICE section, never mind I bet the cushions would have looked nice in the 2*****.

The pictures are very small, but I would start by fitting the head unit and getting it working with the existing kit, then upgrade the other stuff with new speakers, amp and subwoofer etc.

Go for Components in the doors, much better than 6x9 in my opinion.

And good luck. Should be a doddle for you, (after reading some of the FAQs you've written.)