PDA

View Full Version : help

turbo pete
02-04-2002, 22:54
I just got my hands on the following free items.

Pioneer DSP (deq-9200)
Panasonic Head unit and CD multichanger.
Four tweeters.
May also have four crossovers and an amp. Depends what Dad puts in his new 850R

Anyone else fitted a similar setup.

Can you recommend or suggest tips for the following.

1. How to go about fitting this lot.
2. What speakers do you recommend to replace the standard S13 speakers. I suppose I'll be going for woofers since I have four tweeters to fit.
3. Where have you lot put your cd changers?
4. Will the dsp replace that crappy little box in the centre console or will I need to cut a larger hole?
5. Where is the cheapest place to get speaker cable.
6. Who is na expert out there that I can phone when I get stuck.

Come on guys give me your help and in return I will do a full write up for the FAQ section which I am currently engrossed in writing stuff for.

See ya
Turbo pete

Kev
02-04-2002, 23:08
Cant help u with most of it im afraid.
Can only tell u what i did.

I had a pana rc/head and multi-changer, put the changer in the boot after much faffing about with dash box and under-seat ideas so i would suggest the same.
I should add that i had it on the passenger side of the boot right beside the seat, facing towards the front, so that i could reach back from the drivers seat, knock down the rear seat and change the cd's without getting out of the car *lazy bastid*
Also i would suggest putting a plastic bag of some sort round it if u have the same probs as most s13 with water or condensation in the boot.
Took the 4 pre-outs from the head straight to the four channel amp i had whitch was working as a bridged mono 2 channel amp to two 10 " subs in the boot.
Actually, thinking about it, that was quite daft, i should only have used the two rear pre-outs :rolleyes:

I was a tv/video man so had access to lots of speakers from hi-fi's and used a couple of aiwa 6" speakers in the door panels with the tweeters connected through the built in cross-overs.
Also i had lots of mains electric wire so i just used that and i found no probs with it.

It depends how critical u r with sound i suppose and what sort of output ur head unit has. i.e. theres no point putting 100amp speaker wire in if the max output is 40watts per channel.

Ive never had a dsp so cant help u there either.

Not too sure why i posted at all.............
:confused: :rolleyes: :(