PDA

View Full Version : Amp install problem

BigMac
29-03-2002, 07:34
I wonder if anyone could help me. I;m having a bit of difficulty in locating a hole in the bulkhead to get the 12v power lead from battery the car interior.

Does anyone know where there is one? (btw. this is the biggest 1.8i engine i've ever seen!!!)

car is a '92 S13

Cheers guys.

Matt George
29-03-2002, 15:11
I installed an amp in my S14a, however they may be the same - here goes,

i ran lead from battery to the drivers side front wheel arch, removeing a few screws from the whell arch liner to then place power lead through pre drilled hole in close proximity to the side indicator.

This then led inside the car by the fuse panel (drivers side footwell)

My hole had pre-attached rubber grommet which i modded - ensure that you use it or could short!!!!

Best of luck, with the install - i hope an S13 is similiar in pre drilled holes to an S14a.

:)

Tricky-Ricky
29-03-2002, 19:02
Locate the throttle cable and follow it to the bulkhead! i have just about every cable roughted through there!!

BigMac
30-03-2002, 07:03
Cheers guys :)

I'll give it a go later today

the crab
17-04-2002, 08:01
if u aint got air conditioning then on the passengers side theres two rubber plugs that just pull out ive routed mine along the back of the engine bay and through there works a treat just need a longer cable thats all:D

BigMac
24-04-2002, 14:28
Unfortunately it has aircon. doesn't work mind :)

I assume I have to drill a hole somewhere. I had a look near the throttle cable. Dont like the look of taking it through there...

WAGGY
11-05-2002, 12:36
dont know if you have found a suitable hole or not but thru this together as to where i pushed my wire thru bulkhead pic1 shows the way i ran it attached it to wiring loom with ties and the rough location of hole A , pic 2 shows the hole A outlined in blue as bit dark in EB it has a rubber plug in it with some wires already running thru it but there is enough room to get amp wire thru and comes out in drivers footwell hope this helps if you havent done yet. :cool: