PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Blow Off Valves?

Papa Lazarou
26-03-2002, 23:34
Seems to be a few posts about these at the moment, so anyone interested in a group buy on them?? I can supply :

Greddy Type S BOV - £197 (Recirculate or vent to atmosphere)

http://www.takakaira.com/performance/trust/mechanicalparts/5.jpg

Sard R2D2 - £184

http://www.takakaira.com/performance/sard/r2d2_7.jpg

Blitz Super Sound DD - £246

http://www.blitz.co.jp/products/blowoff/bo-dd-1.GIF

Apex'i Twin Chamber BOV - £208

http://www.takakaira.com/performance/apex/suctionandcooling/blowoff1.jpg

HKS Super SQV - £225
Optional sound tuning fins - £14. Choose between gold (high pitched scream) and purple special fin (echo type effect..)

http://www.takakaira.com/performance/hks/blowoff/super_sqv.jpg

These are for kits (all available for S13, S14 etc) and will all be brand new and boxed, imported straight from Japan. Prices inclusive of delivery to UK mainland. Post here if interested :cool:

teamcapsule
27-03-2002, 09:50
Papa,

Can I just order the special purple fin (£14) for the SSQV that I already have? Or is it only for people who actually buy a BOV from you? If not then I would like to have one of those soundaltering fins please. How much would that be including shipping to Belgium?

Thanks in advance :)

Papa Lazarou
27-03-2002, 10:59
No prob m8. I expect postage to Belgium would be a couple of quid tops on one of the inserts. I'll mail you details l8er!

Bean
27-03-2002, 11:09
STOP IT!!!

You know I have weak will power and keep buying toys! :D

Hmmm, do I really need a dump valve? :rolleyes: No, but I do want flames!!! :cool:

Zenki
27-03-2002, 18:19
Yeah I'm interested but Dom Wai was getting me an R2D2 but I think that's fallen thro. As soon as I hear from Dom I'll let you know but I can't decide which one!!!!!:mad: How many orders do you need to do them at that price or does it not matter? How long is delivery?

Papa Lazarou
27-03-2002, 19:58
Again its not a group buy organised by a trader or anything. But buying a few at a time obviously spreads the shipping costs etc. 2 or 3 orders would be enough. Obviously if I got significantly more than that then prices can come down further!!

Papa Lazarou
27-03-2002, 20:05
As for which one haven't seen anyone here with an Apex'i BOV. Think someone has got a Sard but they're going to be fairly rare. HKS's is very popular and top quality, and will cost you £245+VAT normally.

But the choice is yours ;)

andyf
27-03-2002, 22:44
Does the SQV come with either of the fins as standard, or does that make 2 different nosies that can be added

Papa Lazarou
27-03-2002, 23:46
Originally posted by andyf
Does the SQV come with either of the fins as standard, or does that make 2 different nosies that can be added

It comes with a standard purple one. The 2 fins sold seperately are different and give a different sound.

TC haven't forgotten about you ;) Just waiting to see if anyone wants a BOV!!!

Zenki
01-04-2002, 12:34
Papa, I'm gonna give Dom a couple of days to reply, if he doesn't I'll deffo have one off you. What is the delivery time on them?

PhilMorrison
01-04-2002, 13:27
Hello m8, I know this is a little of topic, but I'm finding it really hard to find the exhaust that i want, I'm after a 5zigen Fireball CAT back, can you help, or offer any alternatives to Takakaira (who sell the 5zigen twin clutch, but no other 5zigen parts :( )

Cheers m8 :)

Papa Lazarou
01-04-2002, 16:54
Big Red - I'll estimate about 3 weeks from whenever I get the money. So far its just you, another maybe, and a couple of other bits and pieces to order like TC's HKS insert.

Fattyluvshotdogs - can get 5 Zigen exhausts, or pretty much any Japanese aftermarket product. Up until now mainly small components though!! Will have to enquire on shipping costs. Likely to be around £200+ on top of whatever the Japanese price is unfortunately. I know I paid around that to ship over a 30 kg set of coilovers recently. Bearing this in mind let me know if you want a definate quote.

Prices should be on http://www.5zigen.co.jp and currency conversion at http://www.xe.com

Regards

Papa

Papa Lazarou
01-04-2002, 17:13
BTW Fatty, in case you can't work the site out (is a bit tricky) prices are (in yen) :

Miracle Fireball - 78,000
Fireball - 65,000
Border 304 Max - 70,000
Border 3 - 68,000
Cannon Ball - 72,000

Pic of a Miracle Fireball below..

http://www.5zigen.co.jp/dj/c8/p02xx/p0202/p0202_12.jpg

PhilMorrison
01-04-2002, 18:20
Cheers m8 :) as you guessed I had already looked at the 5zigen site, and got no where with it. Very nice lookin exhaust, I was lookin at that cus I was after somthing different, but I can get a HKS Super Drager delivered from Taka for under £500, so i'll have to have a think. Do you happen to know if all super dragers are CAT back?

Cheers :)

Phil

Zenki
02-04-2002, 22:42
Right, Papa I will definately have a BOV from you as Dom had no luck with his supplier. All I have to do now is decide HKS ssq or Sard R2D2. Any pros and cons would be helpful. I like the idea of tunable fins for the HKS. Do they change the sound that much?

teamcapsule
02-04-2002, 23:25
Papa, can you make that a yellow fin for me? Coz I just asked my mate to buy me a purple one from Hong Kong!
Sorry for all the hassle!

Cheers,

Tommy

Papa Lazarou
02-04-2002, 23:51
Big Red - cool :cool: I'll leave you to make your own mind up about which one.. I can only really say about the HKS, which is cool.

TC no problemo. Thinks I'll get a gold fin for myself as well ;)

The RingMaster
03-04-2002, 08:23
Not sure on Jap imported parts, but UK supplied SQV's
come with the silver fin. The gold fin is IDENTICAL except
for colour, ie no difference in sound. The purple fin does
sound different, quieter, more refined...ROFL.

If those prices include VAT, delivery and duty then im well
impressed !!! If they dont, I can do them cheaper, the Blitz
especially.

Papa Lazarou
03-04-2002, 08:43
Prices are delivered and include all the duty, VAT etc.

The Blitz is expensive because I have to pay more or less full retail price on them. However reckon I will be able to get certain Blitz items much cheaper in the not too distant future.... ;)

David_S14
03-04-2002, 19:01
Can I jump on the old bandwagon and get a gold insert as well pleez (ooerr matron).
I've still got your details so I'll stick a cheque in the post (is it still £14?)

Zenki
03-04-2002, 19:26
Right Papa, I'm gonna have an HKS ssq. How many inserts are there as I may get some while I'm at it?

teamcapsule
03-04-2002, 20:15
Originally posted by The RingMaster
Not sure on Jap imported parts, but UK supplied SQV's
come with the silver fin. The gold fin is IDENTICAL except
for colour, ie no difference in sound. The purple fin does
sound different, quieter, more refined...ROFL.

Papa, is that correct? Coz if it's identical, then I won't be needing one since my friend is already bringing me back a purple one.

Papa Lazarou
04-04-2002, 10:12
TC according to HKS the gold insert makes the sound higher pitched than standard.

The Jap SSQV's come with a purple fin, but not the same one as the optional part.

I have or will be PM'ing interested parties shortly.

Cheers

Papa

teamcapsule
05-04-2002, 21:48
Papa, I think I'll have to pass up on the offer. Some fookin' bastards have stolen my turbotimer and revspeed meter while it's being fixed at the garage. No need to say that I'll need even more money now to get the car fixed and to replace the stolen parts...

Sorry for all the inconvenience man!

Tommy

teamcapsule
06-04-2002, 15:24
Say Papa,

Since they have stolen my turbotimer and revspeedmeter, can you get your hands on an HKS Turbotimer type 0 ? Coz that's the one that I had, and I want to get one to replace it asap...

Doesn't need to be right away, but if you are ordering from takakaira, maybe you can put a sideorder on it for me please... if you don't mind that is...

I'll only need the tubbytimer and not the harness...

Cheers,

Tommy

Papa Lazarou
06-04-2002, 17:32
Hi TC, sorry to hear of your bad luck. The thieving b*****ds should be castrated. Anyway, I can get hold of an HKS Turbo Timer. A Type 0 would be £80 + delivery to Belgium. Delivery would be £15.75

I suppose payment would have to be by wire transfer though. Or you can PayPal the money to me using a credit card, which might be easier.

PM me if interested :)

teamcapsule
06-04-2002, 21:59
Hi papa,

Sounds good, I think I'll take you up on that offer, but first let me get my car back and pay the bill for it. And then I'll PM you, if it's not too late by then. I should get the car by April 15th. I'll contact you after that date.

Cheers!

Tommy

Quick Pete
08-04-2002, 20:46
Papa..can you or someone educate me about what the hell you are talking about? I think I might want some of these toys but if i don't know whether I will climax or not, I'm stuffed. Talk to me, please!

teamcapsule
08-04-2002, 21:48
Check out this thread for more info on BOVs

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8203

Papa Lazarou
09-04-2002, 05:53
Originally posted by Peter Temple
Papa..can you or someone educate me about what the hell you are talking about? I think I might want some of these toys but if i don't know whether I will climax or not, I'm stuffed. Talk to me, please!

I don't know whether you will climax (!) but these things make a whoosh sound when you back off the throttle. They also prevent the compressed air stalling your turbo by releasing it to the atmosphere (which is good). S14's have one anyway which re-circulates the air back to the intake. The problem with the standard S14 BOV is that it leaks boost if you increase it "significantly".

I would suggest using a decat pipe if using a vent to atmosphere BOV.

teamcapsule
09-04-2002, 09:40
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou

I would suggest using a decat pipe if using a vent to atmosphere BOV.

Why do you suggest that? So that the cat won't be sh@gged?

Papa Lazarou
09-04-2002, 10:42
Yeah the constant backfiring which you get after fitting one will screw up a cat in no time.