PDA

View Full Version : Blitz DSBC..how much to supply.......

Dave_the_B
26-03-2002, 21:57
How much to supply just the control unit?

I bought an original DSBC dead cheap only to find the control unit is U/S

Can anyone help.......

Dave

Papa Lazarou
26-03-2002, 22:08
You mean the head unit or the solenoid?

I can order just the headunit (or at least *could* - Blitz recently revamped their electronics - would need to check on availability) but don't have a price on the solenoid alone. But the cost of the headunit is about as much as a full DSBC Spec S kit... It'd be about £250....

I take it you've tried Racelogic?

Dave_the_B
26-03-2002, 22:12
It is the head unit not the solinoid.

So, £250 ............what other boost controller's can I get for that?

New or S/H I don't care

Dave

Just had a look at the Blitz USA site:)
Is the DSBC Spec S identical to the old DSBC but with a single solinoid?
Could I fit my Dual solinoid unit on to it?

Papa Lazarou
26-03-2002, 22:28
I haven't found a decent s/h supplier myself yet. Jason P is probably yer man if he's about.

For that sort of price a Blitz DSBC Spec S or Greddy Profec B are the main two. Apexi AVC-D is a slightly more expensive but retro styled alternative.

Dave_the_B
26-03-2002, 22:35
Which would you recommend Blitz DSBC Spec S or Greddy Profec B ?

Dave

Papa Lazarou
26-03-2002, 22:39
BTW just saw your edit. The DSBC Spec S & Spec R are two new controllers. They are both identical apart from the solenoid (same head unit). Can't say if they work with the old type DSBC solenoid for sure. Reckon it could probably be made to work... ;)

Papa Lazarou
26-03-2002, 22:40
I'd go for the Blitz as it has a digi display. Both proven performers though!

jrpidgeon
02-04-2002, 23:45
I'm still about Papa, I've been busy blowing up turbo's and attemting to get the bloodey GTR SVA approved:mad:

I'm still supplying the Jap bits to anyone thats interested. I'm staying clear of second hand injectors / AFM'S due to some bad one's that come over, which I'm now stuck with!

Jason.