PDA

View Full Version : Who wants my cash

simanc26
20-03-2002, 08:47
I want a full stainless system, as I am Ham fisted need it fitting, anyone wants my money in the Surrey/Middlesex/West London (or anywhere if cheap enough) area. Give me some quotes all in.

Oh I don't want to have to fiddle about at MOT time.

Any bidders?

98 - S14

simanc26
20-03-2002, 13:55
:mad: Nobody wants my cash?? Or am I just asking too much? Where did everyone else get theirs done or are you all mechanics:confused:

The piccy on the sig is what would happen if I attempted it.

I have the money, honest:rolleyes:

philrob2000
20-03-2002, 14:19
Bren on the traders bit is the one to see for nice stainless zorsts at a spot on price. I priced up fitting by a local mechanic at between £10 and £15.00, should be the same round your way. With the saving on the zorst you'd still be quids in:D :D :D

bren
20-03-2002, 14:23
I cant arrange fitting for you as youre too far away. I can help with the exhaust though, an HKS rear section would be £500 and would retain your cats to allow the car to go through its ticket :)

simanc26
20-03-2002, 14:29
Blimey, that was quick. Would this offer any significant performance increase? Also, do you have any pics of one. Whats the general consensus folks, this the one to go for?

Jezz_S13
20-03-2002, 14:31
Originally posted by simanc26
Blimey, that was quick. Would this offer any significant performance increase? Also, do you have any pics of one. Whats the general consensus folks, this the one to go for?

Not much performance increase without other mods maybe 10bhp, but will allow the benefit of other mods to be realised by letting the engine breath more easily, you may want to consider a Hi-Flow cat, ask Papa Lazarou, he has one..
Yes the HKS is one of the better exhausts.

bren
20-03-2002, 14:37
http://www.racecarnewmedia.com/hks/databaseimages/HiperStatic.jpg

Youre pretty limited in what you can get as you want to retain the cats. You could go for a down pipe that replaces both cats as well and thats the route to go for maximim power but youd have to re-install the original cat and downpipe for the mots. The front pipe is £130 :)

simanc26
20-03-2002, 14:57
If I can find somewhere round here that will fit new zorst and refit cat come MOT time, then methinks Cat gone!

Bren come payday you shall hear from me. A week tomorrow, that is.:D :D :D

bren
20-03-2002, 14:59
When youre ready :)