PDA

View Full Version : Bren,how long before you can make cheap...

Ninja
19-03-2002, 17:57
T3 Turbo`s :D :D :D Come on I`m sure you can do it! and Veilside stylee bodykits:D

ELMO Owen
19-03-2002, 18:15
Yeah Bren,i want T3's with fitting kits,
or just get a second hand one and YOU supply the fitting kit?:):):D

bren
19-03-2002, 21:05
I can get anything made so if there seems to be enugh demand Ill go and buy the kits and get some made.

Who wants fitting kits? I can of course supply them complete with reconditioned T3 turbos as well if people want ;)

Show of hands to see if its worth investigating further?

ELMO Owen
19-03-2002, 23:19
What about a rough price first?My T25 is o'k so what about an exchange + bit of discount cos you can get mine (+others i suppose) reconned?
Peeps,what are the advantages of a T3?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jezz_S13
20-03-2002, 07:29
Originally posted by ELMO Owen
What about a rough price first?My T25 is o'k so what about an exchange + bit of discount cos you can get mine (+others i suppose) reconned?
Peeps,what are the advantages of a T3?:confused: :confused: :confused:

More lag & longer spool time :)

However
Lots and lots of boost right upto red line.

As opposed to bugger all boost right upto 5K. :)

Kev
20-03-2002, 21:44
I would be interested.

Im sure u would get quite a bit of interest depending on price cos there has been a good bit of discussion about it lately.

Kev

Danny
21-03-2002, 00:54
Yeah I'd be interested if it's cheap enough, been after one for ages but think ND's one is way too expensive

mambastu
21-03-2002, 07:21
What we really need in any S13 T3 kit is a decent manifold that relocates the turbo further forward so opening up the T3 hybrid or T4 route. The weakpoint with the ND conversion is the manifold and adapter.

tubstar
21-03-2002, 15:29
I'd be interested. :) Heard not many good things about ND's manifold though. Rough price would be good, could let you know how much I am interested then.

bren
21-03-2002, 15:55
They are never going to be mega cheap. To do the job right the manifold will have to be made from scratch. This will never be cheap so if youre expecting me to get the price down to two hundred quid or so then Im afraid it wont happen :(

Check out the ND kit, theres a fair bit to it:

http://web.norrisdesigns.com/images/200SXS13_T3_Fitting_Kit.jpg

I could do something similar to the ND kit but youd have the same problems as with their kits. As I say the next step would be to have the manifolds made from scratch but we are looking at similar money, if not more :(

ELMO Owen
21-03-2002, 16:54
What about a fitting kit to convert the existing manifold to take the T3 turbo.We all know how much a mainfold is gonna be from scratch $$$$$$$$ big bucks guys.:eek:

mambastu
21-03-2002, 19:09
Originally posted by ELMO Owen
What about a fitting kit to convert the existing manifold to take the T3 turbo.We all know how much a mainfold is gonna be from scratch $$$$$$$$ big bucks guys.:eek:

I don't think thats necessarily true. Theres a company http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/ who market a stainless steel log type manifold for $239 that could relocate the turbo avoiding the clearance problems and probably the reliabilty issues that the ND kit suffers from. ND charges £400 plus for a fitting kit that is basically:

A machined manifold (your old in exchange and say £50 for machining?)

Cheap simple metal plate spacer (£40?)

A short down pipe section (£60?)

A set of plugs(£12)

3 hoses(£60?)

Total £222

A hell of a markup isn't it and if you subtract the machining and plate cost from the price of a simple stainless steel log manifold then you're probably looking at an extra £120 for a manifold that won't crack or blow at all.

As Bren says its never going to be as cheap as a T28 but then there's more potential with the T3 and the unit cost for the turbo is going to be less than the T28.

bren
21-03-2002, 20:37
Ill look into getting custom manifolds made tommorrow :)