PDA

View Full Version : cat bypass pipe

Alec
04-03-2002, 21:02
Can anyone source a cat bypass pipe for an S14 (UK spec) with a standard exhaust system? Do kits include all necessary fitting such as gaskets and are any modifications required?

Cheers,

PhilMorrison
04-03-2002, 21:27
Bren will sort u with a front pipe that includes the de-cat, from SE-Nissan. I fitted mine today, it needed a little co-ursing to get into the right shape (i.e heatin up and bending with the weight of the car,but mayhave been a 1 off prob)
Anywayz, wen sorted, I was well impressed with the power, and the sporty (yet not to loud) tone.
oh yeah it was £140 :)

bren
05-03-2002, 09:16
De cat pipe is £65 :) I dont think it comes with gaskets but then I dont think you need them???

Fatty,

Im concerned to hear you had to bend the pipe :( Was it far out?

JackaL
05-03-2002, 09:29
Originally posted by bren:
<STRONG>De cat pipe is £65 :) I dont think it comes with gaskets but then I dont think you need them???

Fatty,

Im concerned to hear you had to bend the pipe :( Was it far out?</STRONG>

Bren,

My SE pipe required no bending to my knowledge :)

I also have a Tube Torque stainless decat pipe for sale now (the SE pipe replaced this), it replaces just the main cat on an S14a, and leaves the other cat in the downpipe.

Anyone want to offer me £50 for it? It's only been on for a few months :)

PhilMorrison
05-03-2002, 10:18
yeah it was hangin about 4" to low. even with the bending, the front(where the mainbend is) is still about 1&1/2"s to low. It's not a problem now, but could be if I decide to lower the car.

Alec
05-03-2002, 16:34
<STRONG>De cat pipe is £65 :) I dont think it comes with gaskets but then I dont think you need them???

Fatty,

Im concerned to hear you had to bend the pipe :( Was it far out?</STRONG>

Bren,

The only reason I thought new gaskets would be needed is that when I checked the cat it looked as though it had cardboard(??) ones on both ends? Would these need to be replaced, reused or removed all together?
My other concern is that S & E Motorparts tell me that they have temporally withdrawn their decat pipe as they have had a number of instances where it had no been possible fit the part. Unusually this problem affects both the S14 & S14a. Just wondered if this is connected to the fitting problems ‘fattyluvshotdogs’ experienced?

Cheers for your time,

PhilMorrison
05-03-2002, 17:07
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????

bren
05-03-2002, 18:34
Alec,

If it uses gaskets then they should be replaced.

Ive not heard of any problems with any of SEs products other than fattys :(

Alec
05-03-2002, 21:28
<STRONG>Alec,

If it uses gaskets then they should be replaced.

Ive not heard of any problems with any of SEs products other than fattys :(</STRONG>

Cheers for the info Bren.
Grateful if you could get me a price on the decat pipe and gaskets inclusive of VAT and postage.

bren
06-03-2002, 07:26
Pipe £65, carriage £9, gaskets, Ill let you know as soon as they open :)

Bean
06-03-2002, 14:15
When I replaced the CAT back and front pipe with Blitz items there were no gaskets fitted.

I did however get a set of gaskets with the Blizt bits and decided to fit them.

You'll probably find gaskets aren't required as the standard zorst is a good fit.

TomM
08-03-2002, 10:08
Originally posted by fattyluvshotdogs:
<STRONG>Bren will sort u with a front pipe that includes the de-cat, from SE-Nissan. I fitted mine today, it needed a little co-ursing to get into the right shape (i.e heatin up and bending with the weight of the car,but mayhave been a 1 off prob)
Anywayz, wen sorted, I was well impressed with the power, and the sporty (yet not to loud) tone.
oh yeah it was £140 :)</STRONG>

What sorta power increase do you reckon on, Fatty? And did the old frontpipe + cat come out in one piece & still servicable, so as to be replaceable at MOT time? (I'd expect so!)

Bren: I notice that Fatty's got an S14a - would a similar pipe incorporating de-cat and larger front section be available for an s14? How much?

Cheers :)

bren
08-03-2002, 10:36
Tombs,

I believe the S14 has just one single cat and that the front pipe drops down to meet it. If you wanted to get rid on the one cat youd have to get a decat pipe as well.

The decats £65 and front pipes £130 :)

[ 08-03-2002: Message edited by: bren ]

TomM
08-03-2002, 10:57
Yeah, that's what I think I understood from Bean a few days ago :)

Can you not get an all-in-one pipe?

bren
08-03-2002, 11:42
Not that I know of.

Bean
08-03-2002, 11:55
Originally posted by Tombs:
<STRONG>Yeah, that's what I think I understood from Bean a few days ago :)

Can you not get an all-in-one pipe?</STRONG>

I think you'd have to get one custom made. :)