PDA

View Full Version : FAO Bren or anyone else who does brake bits.

turbo pete
03-03-2002, 13:18
I need the following.

Braided hoses for rear calipers on S13.
Silicone brake fluid.
Flushing fluid for cleaning out old brake fluid from system.
Some decent rear pads for S13.
Foliatec caliper paint - red. Enough for four calipers.

Prices much appreciated cheers
Turbo pete

beavertron
03-03-2002, 17:35
hmmm flushing fluid - i was askin about that but everyone just said "yeh flush the old stuff out with the new"
If u got gunsons easy bleed like me then i think u can just leave the bottle empty and the air pressure will blast out all the old fluid when you open each bleed. :)

Jezz_S13
03-03-2002, 17:46
I just bought some AP Dot 5.1, and the guy said you can't mix it with Dot 4, I'm a bit concerned/confused how I'm supposed to get it all out and replace it.

beavertron
04-03-2002, 00:22
i believe they can be mixed...but i could be wrong. anyway i dont want any of the old stuff left either - im gonna try the easy bleed method this week so ill let u know how it goes.

bren
04-03-2002, 09:34
Braided hoses for rear calipers on S13. Im just waiting for some Goodridge hose kits to arrive, theyll be around £25 the pair
Silicone brake fluid. Cant help
Flushing fluid for cleaning out old brake fluid from system. Id just use cheap brake fluid
Some decent rear pads for S13. EBC dont do Greenstuff and Ferodo dont do DS2000s :(
Foliatec caliper paint - red. Enough for four calipers. Dont do it, too small for mail order

Sorry, Im not much use to you here!!

Billy
04-03-2002, 10:14
Methylated spirit is the best thing to flush the system, but it has to be meths as it doesn't harm the rubber.
It's also cheaper than even cheap brake fluid.

Jezz_S13
04-03-2002, 10:16
How do you get the meths out, other than get the local wino to suck it?