PDA

View Full Version : New style S13 (quickly followed by S14) Apex exhaust systems, whos interested?

bren
18-03-2002, 14:14
Ive just been chatting to my exhaust guys. They say that they can now offer the S13 systems with a 5" slash cut tail pipe.

What do you lot think? That or the old style twin 3.5" pipes?

Ive an order processing now so need to know what you want :)

How about you S14 lads, are you lot interested in a 5" slash tail on a quality stainless system. Very sensibly priced, of course! :D

dan
18-03-2002, 14:20
Id prefer a large single outlet.
any piccys? :D

Scottie
18-03-2002, 14:26
Would the different tailpipe design affect either the power or noise, or is it just cosmetic.

I heard a mongoose system at the Northern Meet last night and liked the sound. I wouldn't want to make it any quieter.

As soon as Hiteq change my gaskets I need an exhaust as mine is starting to blow. I would like to see a picture first though but they do sound very promising.

bren
18-03-2002, 14:35
Thats the problem, I wont be able to get any pics until they arrive! If anything they will be louder than the twin outlets, not quieter :D

dan
18-03-2002, 14:38
will you be getting any soon?
Im refraining from saying "yeah ill have one" cos i think i need a head re-build! :(

bren
18-03-2002, 14:39
If I go for the original type then Ill have them next week, if I go for the slash cut it will take 3-4 weeks.

dan
18-03-2002, 14:53
when you say slash cut, do you mean it slightly angled at the end?
Have they not made any 5" ers yet then?
would they be the same price? :)

bren
18-03-2002, 14:58
Yeah, rather than a vertical cut they angle it inwards at the bottom.

They will be a very similar price if not the same. Theyre resonding to the request I made a couple of months back and are just about ready to make me a batch. These will be the first theyve sold I believe :)

Andy D
18-03-2002, 15:07
I am still very interested in on of these!

http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/gallery3/200231893054293758.JPG

philrob2000
18-03-2002, 15:29
I would be interested in one of the new type, I like the idea of the 5 inch sash cut :D . Love the idea of the extra noise, it might cover up the dodgy knocking sound from my engine :rolleyes:

Scottie
18-03-2002, 15:31
Originally posted by bren:
<STRONG>Thats the problem, I wont be able to get any pics until they arrive! If anything they will be louder than the twin outlets, not quieter :D</STRONG>

This makes good reading ! If you find a picture anywhere of a competitors system it would be interesting to see the pipe. At the northern meet last night a Jap import GT4 turned up with a Blitz system that looked 5" slash cut.

I would personally rather wait for the slash system as I am used to sounding like a tractor !

D
18-03-2002, 15:42
How about twin 5" Slashes?!

Or is that just greedy ;) :eek:

PhilMorrison
18-03-2002, 15:49
How much we talkin m8? I'd be interested in the 5" slash cut.
wat about quality? is there any wat of gettin the blitz/hks style seamless weld?

Tricky-Ricky
18-03-2002, 19:27
Bren, is there any chance in the future of doing some stainless back boxes at a good price! to fit the Mongoose system? ie 5" jap style? in fact it would relitively easy to have them as universal fit! more models! more sales! :D ;) what do you think?

didier_gg
18-03-2002, 20:10
Bren, I really prefer the twin version (quieter and best design to my mind).
Hope you will be able to provide me the twin version if I order this week :(

M-Power
18-03-2002, 22:13
Thats what i was looking for m8 :D :D :D
A big fat 5" slash cut back box.
Is it turbo back or that "cast iron pipe piece" back. What's the bore of the system. Can i have one Tomorrow please? :D

ELMO Owen
18-03-2002, 22:26
Cool,exactly what i was looking for,come on Bren,HOW MUCH???? :) :) :):d

beavertron
19-03-2002, 03:37
have goose allready but interested just in back box if it fitted straight on.

Marky Boy
19-03-2002, 08:10
A 5" tail pipe can't argue with that. Id rather that than Twin 3.5". The more noise the better. :D

bren
19-03-2002, 10:44
So far it looks like the 5" slash has it :)

Didier and Andy,

If we can find one more person who wants a system with twin 3.5" tail pipes then Ill order a batch of those as well.

Wed have to have three confirmed orders for me to justify ordering another batch as I can see the majority of people wanting the 5" style and I dont want to end up sat on a big pile of the twin 3.5" types!!

D,

Mate, thats plain greedy ;) :D

Fatty,

Around £300. The qualitys much much better than youd expect for the price!! They should really be up for more like £425+.

Theres are one or two issues that have been a problem in the past with the S14s but I would have these addressed specifically when ordering the S14 systems.

Tricky and Beavetron,

I shall look into back boxes :) I cant see it would be an issue.

M Power,

50mm bore, full stainless system from turbo back :D

bren
19-03-2002, 10:52
The 5" tail systems will be a little more exspensive as they are not a "run of the mill" system and are being built specifically for us :) They will be £297.50.

The back boxes alone will be £170. Cheap when you consider the HKS equivilent is, wait for it,......£500!!! :eek:

If I get four confirmed orders before I order then Ill do the back boxes for £150.

The 5" tail systems have now been confirmed with the manufacturers.

If anyones interested in the back boxes then let me know asap as they will have to be produced in the same run as the systems or the prices will increase. Its cheaper to do the lot in one run :)

[ 19-03-2002: Message edited by: bren ]

Jezz_S13
19-03-2002, 10:55
Originally posted by bren:
<STRONG>
M Power,

50mm bore, full stainless system from turbo back :D</STRONG>

Bren, 50mm is only 2 inch? Thought they were 2.5" bore? 62.5mm?

Also if they are the same as the goose that are not sticktly turbo back, they are as M-Power puts it 'that cast iron bit' back, think is called a knuckle, it has the lambda sensor in it. That bit stays with the 'goose.

bren
19-03-2002, 10:58
I was under the impression that they were 50mm, maybe theyre 55. I didnt have time to measure the bore of the batch that came through here as they arrived and then left straight away!! LOL

The cast iron bits not part of the turbo assembly then? If not my apologies!

didier_gg
19-03-2002, 11:51
Help ! Need one people more who wants a twin version !!!!! :eek:

Promise to buy one ....
Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bren, M-Power spoke about the back box and its bore, didn't he ?
Otherwise the bore of the twin version is really 50mm ? Quite strange because even the std exhaust seems to have a bore more wide !?
I will measure tonight, just for info.

The twin version is attached to the downpipe (3 bolts), isn't it ? Yes, it's not a true turbo back system, it's what you mean. :)

Just for my information, is a slash back box the rear silencer only ? (pic or link to catch the idea ?)

bren
19-03-2002, 12:13
Sorry guys, my mistake, they are a 2.25" bore, i.e. 57mm :)

The twin exit and slash systems are the same, the only difference is the tail pipe.

The slash tail is just an angled cut on the exit of the rear silencer. I would expect it to be very similar to:

http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/1151.jpg

http://www.dpmotorsport.com/hks/images/drager1.jpg

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/nur_r2.jpg

Mike
20-03-2002, 20:50
Bren,

I was beginning to look arond for an alternative to the mongoose because I wanted the best of both worlds... cheap and large! I've been told by 'er upstairs to wait until my current one goes, but that hole i put in last night with the screwdriver should help things along nicely...

I would prefer a twin exhaust Audi TT stylee (like the attached jpg if it works) - can you do that Bren? Other than that, I'll be going for a slash! Is the diameter of your brengoose the same a mongoose?

Anyhow, nice chatting to you'all...

bren
20-03-2002, 21:20
I dont know anyone who does a twin exit TT stylee for the S13 :(

They are the same diameter :)

PhilMorrison
20-03-2002, 21:38
If it is a good quality Cat back with 2.5" piping and a 5" exit in stainless steel, Then I will pay on Monday :)

Don't want smaller piping diameter as it would restrict after my SE Front/decat pipe.

Oh yeah, if you can, I'd like a grumbly sporty tone, but not to loud (I don't ask much do i ;) )

Cheers Bren :)

Phil

bren
20-03-2002, 21:42
Phil,

Im just looking to see what the demands like for the S14s at the moment. Theres an issue with these systems fitting S14s and I have to get to the bottom of it before ordering a batch :)

It is, however, a 2.5" system on the S14 so should suit your needs perfectly :)

Ill do further investigations into the fitments tommorrow.

shaunmac
21-03-2002, 09:14
I need a new exhaust too. Mine snapped in half the night before last! I think I'd prefer the twin 3.5" outlet though.
Can't remember how much you said they were. Also, I need it asap cos the car is undriveable at the mo!
Shaun

bren
21-03-2002, 09:22
The twin 3.5" are £275. They will be ready by the middle to the end of next week :)

bren
21-03-2002, 22:07
Yep they are cat back :)

Anyone who wants one of these pipes, give me a bell to reserve one. Ive got five ordered at the moment but I can increase that if more than five people want one. Obviously I wont be increasing the order unless you lot actually let me know you want one!!

PhilMorrison
21-03-2002, 22:16
Lol at u Bren, are you by any chance trying to relax? but for some strange reason, can't help havin a quick look on the SX BB?
at least you get money out of it :D I think I just have a problem :D

Anyway,
any news on guages?
Wat's the sitch with the SS 5" Backboxs for S14's?
And How much for a HKS Turbo Timer Type 1 and Harness?

Cheers m8

bren
21-03-2002, 22:23
Im addicted to computers, bloody things!! LOL The birds gone to bed and Im trying to go but people keep replying to my posts :rolleyes: Feck off, Im shut!!! ;) :D LOL

Autometer are being as unreliable as ever. The uk distributer recieved a shipment of gauges today but there was a mere 15% of what theyd order in the packages :(

They are expecting a HUUUUGE shipment next Friday (and this has actually left USA so its definately coming, woohoo!! :D) so with any luck youll all get your gauges next week. I hope so as like I said it pi55es me off when suppliers let me, and so you, down :(