PDA

View Full Version : FAO Bren

bond_200
21-02-2002, 15:59
Alright mate,
Piping kit arrived this morning, but I cannot figure out how the feck it screws in to the existing tube and then on to the gauge. :confused: I've been staring at it blankly for hours :D but still lost.

Any ideas? or anything.
Cheers

bren
21-02-2002, 16:16
Ive just spoken to them and you should have a tube with a male connector on one end and a female on the other.

The male screws into your original pipe and then the female to the block.

I assume youve not got the bits described above?

bond_200
21-02-2002, 16:26
I think I've got those parts. But, (remember I'm **** with anything mechanical :( ), what do u mean by block? I thought I would be able to disconnect the tube from the gauge, fit the new tube to the original tube, then bolt the two into the gauge :confused:
I could well be being very stupid ('cos we know I can be ;) ) and I may just leave it to a garage!

bren
21-02-2002, 16:44
The engine block, the big lumpy thing under the bonnet wiv all da pipes and fingys on it and da pistons innit and everyfink ;) :D LOL

You should indeed be able to just unscrew the tube from the gauge, attach the extension to the tube and then attach the extension to the gauge :)

Have another look and if youre still struggling then give me a bell :)

bond_200
21-02-2002, 16:50
But the tube doesn't fit fully through any of the adaptors! So how do I fit the tube into the extension then the to the guage? I'll go and have another **** about and see what I'm missing.

bren
21-02-2002, 16:57
Errr, not sure what you mean.

I havent seen the extension kit, whats in it?

bond_200
21-02-2002, 17:05
The tube, two connector type things (which I gues are the male and female connectors) but they arent attached to the tube, and another nut type thing which I can't quite explain. You can unscrew the the tops of both the connecters, and the tube will fit through one half of them but will not go through the hole of the second part of the connector. Dunno if that will make sense.

bren
21-02-2002, 17:58
You should have a small coller for each connector. You push the tube through the connector, then fit the coller and then screw the connector to whatever youre screwing it to.

Thats how they attach to the gauge so Id assume thats how the two pipes would attach???

bond_200
21-02-2002, 22:31
So, I unsrew the top of one connector, take out the little tiny coller bit, put the old tube into the connector, put the coller on, then screw the other half of the connector on. Then do the same with the other connector, and srew the two connectors together, then put the end of the new tube into the gauge again.
Is that right?
The two hoses won't be touching each other, but will the compression in the connectors still allows the oil pressure to pass if done up tightly or summat? And in my eyes the coller doesn't seem to hold the tube in place, and can fall out very easily. Do I have to seal them in the connector somehow?

Had my mate an my neighbour looking at it with me earlier, we are all as thick as each other it seems! :rolleyes:

[ 21-02-2002: Message edited by: bond_200 ]

bren
22-02-2002, 13:42
Give me a ring :)