PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Bren,

tubstar
19-02-2002, 10:31
Hi m8.

As in other post I would like one of those apex exhausts, also could you do me a hose kit to fit SAAB FMIC, I don't mind it not being stainless but would quite like blue if you can. I think this is the standard colour but I can wait if not. I am looking to get a BOV so I will need a feed off for this I believe. Could you let me know wot the damage to my wallett will be. (What are your payment methods?)

Also, where are you based coz maybe I could collect if p&p is alot.

Cheers.

tubstar
19-02-2002, 10:34
Just seen your in Bradford, think I had better forget about the collecting it idea. :D

Also, you mention an air flow/fuel meter in a previous post. I have a pre cat model, Can this be fitted easily? After all, I have loads of work ahead of me fitting all the stuff in the front room, why not add to it! What the he11.

[ 19-02-2002: Message edited by: tubstar ]

Cheekee
19-02-2002, 17:09
Bren

I also am looking for a SAAB FMIC so do tell :D

bren
19-02-2002, 17:23
Ok people,

The stainless pipes are nearly finished.

Youll get one pipe going from the turbo to intercooler. It will be joined to the turbo by a silicon hose.

The pipe will then be joined to the intercooler with a 90 degree silicon hose.

Another 90 degree silicon hose with be attached to the exit of the intercooler and will connect to the other stainless pipe that will increase in size leading upto the throttle body.

Another silicon reducer will connect the stainless pipe to the throttle body.

The 13mm recirculating connection will be incorporated in the pipe, as will a dump valve spout if required.

Stainless clips will be sourced for the silicon pipes.

I should have a total package price tommorrow :)

An air fuel ratio meter can be fitted to no lambda cars. The package will cost you £85.50 delivered (gauge, new lambda sensor and necessary boss). :)

[ 19-02-2002: Message edited by: bren ]

tubstar
19-02-2002, 17:30
Cheers m8, can't wait til tomorrow now. I am not sure if I need the stainless setup, would probably settle for just silcon hoses if they are blue. But what the hell if theres not much difference.

Would I need to make a hole in my nice new shiny exhaust then to fit the air fuel meter? :(

Ahh well, never mind.

bren
19-02-2002, 20:28
Youll need connecting pipes and its as easy to do them in stainless as any other form :)

The hoses themselves are around £77.50 :)

And yes Im afraid you would have to drill a hole in your new syste to fit the lambda sensor :(

beavertron
20-02-2002, 15:34
nice job bren - want the stainless kit with the 13mm recirculating bit but not the d/v bit ok?
cheers

beavertron
20-02-2002, 15:35
hmmm or do you think i should get the d/v bit as well and blank it off in case of d/v upgrade on day? hmm decisions
take my first reply for now bren - mail me?

marty
20-02-2002, 16:28
Hi bren!!!

I am interested in the Stainless steel set of piping!! I will need a spout coming off for my dump valve.

I wait for your price! :rolleyes:

bren
20-02-2002, 16:38
Ok people, the complete kit will comprise of:

One stainless pipe running from turbo to intercooler.

One stainless pipe running from intercooler to throttle body incorporating the vacuum T and 45 degree bend.

Four silicon hoses to connect the two stainless pipes.

All necessary stainless clips.

A dump valve spout can be added for a tenner.

The kits can incorporate various turbo options, from T25 to T28s to T3s.

The kit will cost you £175.00 plus carriage :)

Cheekee
20-02-2002, 17:03
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bren
20-02-2002, 17:14
Not especially cheap I know but then its a complete replacement kit, no cutting and messing with the original hoses.

If thats too rich for some of you lads then I will be able to do a cheaper kit a la Jezz Horsham using alloy pipework and connectors for £135. The long pipe will be polished alloy and all pipes will be swaged. The 60mm pipe will also include a 13mm spout. You wont get the stainless bands with that though. Im waiting for the first kit to come through now.

The stainless kit will look far far better and also come with eight stainless bands that normally sell for around £2.50 each but theres a cheaper option open to you :)

beavertron
20-02-2002, 18:01
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
fokin ell bren - you originally said the stainless set was gonna come in at about the same as the samcos i.e. 75-80 quid
thanks mate :( - gotta start my hunt all over again now :mad:

bren
20-02-2002, 18:20
Er, no not the same as just the Samcos. How would a set of Samcos with the welded, shaped and polished stainless pipework be the same price as just the Samcos :confused:

I meant the stainless kit would work out about the same as using Samcos with the various joiners to connect the pipes up. Or so I thought. Turns out it costs a little more than that.

Ive tried my best and have put a lot of time into trying to sort these kits. Im not making a killing on them, thats what Ive found to be available and Im afraid thats all I can offer :(

The stainless guys charging me X amount and I have to make something so thats what it works out at.

You try finding someone to sell you a 10cm length of 60mm stainless, 10cm of 70mm stainless and 40cm of 50mm stainless! I think youll find youve got to buy it in 3 meter lengths at £60 a length!! :eek:

Then buy a length of 13mm pipe and get the 60mm pipe machined and the 13mm pipe welded to it. Then source the Samcos from someone else with another chunk of carriage on top and then get the stainless clips at £2.50 each (i.e. £25 using the Jezz H method!!).

You can see its not as simple as it seems :rolleyes: I can do no more than try Im afraid, I dont have unlimited access to ultimate knowledge as where to source the bits from!! :D

[ 20-02-2002: Message edited by: bren ]

beavertron
20-02-2002, 18:27
too expensive mate sorry :(

Smithy
20-02-2002, 18:53
Dunno though, 2 whole new complete pipes, made to fit the I/C and everything else, well done, stainless is well expensive :eek:
smithy :cool:

tubstar
20-02-2002, 19:40
We do appreciate the time you have put in bren. I think I will take you up on it, but I need to work out what money I have to spend this month first. Coz an exhaust is number one priority at the moment so I will probably have to put it off a while. :(

Still very very interested in mongoose, no sorry. Apex performance exhaust, forgot I changed my mind for this one. :D

Let me know when you can get one and i'll part with the readys m8.

Jezz_S13
20-02-2002, 20:00
My Samco's, stainless tubing (including being given 1 of 3 pieces, cheers Clong :)), came to ...

£92 Samcos
£27 for two of the 3 bits of stainless
£10 for crap jubilee clips, not stainless.

£?? For the tools to do the job if you haven't got them.

£129, not only that I then had to feck around drilling holes and putting tap-off's in for the DV and AAC valve feed. And then had to cut down pretty accurately 3 of the Samcos to fit nicely. And it's still not too pretty.

Drilling inch holes in stainless tube is a sodding nightmare!!!

So for £175 for a well tidy looking, minimal asre-ing around setup is a pretty good price.

Jezz.

bren
20-02-2002, 20:14
Stainless is indeed not cheap and theres a fair bit of time and expertise that goes into making the bends and 13mm take off in the ic to throttle body pipe.

The pipe is bent and then welded and then the welds are ground down flush with the pipe. The pipe is thn polished up to a very nice shiney and durable finish :)

Ive got a set of stainless boost pipes here for my Cossy and they really do look the borrocks. And yes they cost even me a fair chunk but then they look 100% better than just Samcos and I believe they are worth the extra costs hence me having them on my own vehicle :)

tub,

You might want to save youre pennies to go for one of Apex's S13 front mounted intercoolers that will be released very soon to go with your M.....Apex system ;) :)

The exhausts have been ordered btw, Im just waiting for them to come through. Should only be a few days :)

Jezz,

And the pipe you were given was the longest and most exspensive section wasnt it? That takes the price up by another £20+. Add to that the costs of stainless clips over steel and your at nearly £175.

And these will look superb and fit straight on. And they include a silicon hose to connect to the pipe where as youre using the original Nissan item I believe?? Thats another £20s worth :)

People dont realise the exspense involved :rolleyes: :D

Jezz_S13
20-02-2002, 20:25
Er no, you have been misinformed ;).
It was the 60mm bit.

Thing is cos you eng up buying all the bits seperately you don't realise how much the bits add up to.
Just easier to accept a few smaller layouts than 1 big one.

Jezz.

bren
20-02-2002, 20:34
Ah, sorry. Well you get the idea anyway! LOL

Bean
20-02-2002, 20:36
I take it you'll be producing some nice shiny pipework for the S14, to go along with the eagerly anticipated Apex Performance FMIC?

beavertron
21-02-2002, 19:06
im not arguing with wot it cost u bren - im just pissed coz you never gave an indication it would come to nearly 200 quid so i waited and waited and now i cant afford it :(
I do appreciate the effort you`ve obviously put in and it sounds great.
Anyway since you`ve put yourself out sooo much then how about the kit but with purple samco`s (i know they will take a while to order but i need time to save) with just the 13mm bit. :rolleyes: ok moan over.

bren
21-02-2002, 20:14
I didnt know it was going to cost the best part of £200!! I didnt get a price on the stainless pipes until yesterday :( I was under the impression that it would cost around £130ish in stainless and around £115 in alloy but there you go, its out of my hands.

Why not go for the cheaper alloy option if youre strapped for cash?

I can sort purple if thats what you want but theres a couple of weeks delay in getting it made.

Bean,

Indeed! :D The S13 intercooler is finished, it will be despatched to me tommorrow :)

[ 21-02-2002: Message edited by: bren ]

sideways tony
22-02-2002, 18:38
bren, i know this is just the connector pipes, but what about fitting the ic to the car...is it very stright fwd? would a competent garage be able to knock something up?

bren
22-02-2002, 19:03
Tony,

Its a simple enough job to fit, the pipe kits are a straight swap :) Im getting the first Apex S13 ic on Monday ;)