PDA

View Full Version : To anyone who was interested in Blitz SBC-Id

Papa Lazarou
18-02-2002, 13:24
I know there were a few of you e-mailing me about them..

I have been informed that Blitz in Japan have stopped production of them and have no stock remaining. They have, apparently, been replaced by a new one called the Blitz DC.

I have to admit I was really surprised seeing as the ID was only released last year, but there you go. Sucks for anyone who bought one of their Power Meters though with the idea of upgrading at a later date :rolleyes:

Ian D
18-02-2002, 21:05
i thought the DC was just a new id with MORE bits? :confused:

Nismo_jai
18-02-2002, 21:11
Do u know if the Blitz SBC-DC can still connect with the Power ID?

Dom

bren
18-02-2002, 21:36
Dom,

Did you get my mail about the Evo bits and if so any news?

What about the dump valve for a ton I wanted, any news on that? :)

Papa Lazarou
18-02-2002, 21:40
Well, the Blitz DC looks quite nice and it is slightly cheaper than the SBC-ID. But I'm not sure that it works with the Power Meter in the same way.. Presumably, they will at some point release a Power Meter DC?

http://www.blitz-na.com/Image/SBC_DC.jpg

Papa Lazarou
18-02-2002, 23:49
OK confirmed the DC does not have an IR port to allow it to communicate with Power Meter ID. It also has a different stepping motor boost control.

But basically it is not as good as the SBC ID so I've got no idea why they have discontinued that one, if indeed that is correct information I have been given..

Will
19-02-2002, 08:30
Dom /PapaL

Let me know if you guys come across a SBC-ID, first or second hand.

PapaL. Can you let me know how much you can get the DC for and any spec you can find out!

Cheers.

Will

Papa Lazarou
19-02-2002, 09:17
The plot thickens... A manager at Taka has contacted me to apologise and informs me that a "Mk 2" SBC ID is being put together and will be released within a month or so. It is part of an overhaul of Blitz electronic range.

I'm not sure what differences there are with the new model though.

Will, got your bank details will see if I can use the online banking to pay back your cash today! The SBC-DC would be around £370, BTW.

Will
20-02-2002, 12:20
Papa,

I think I'll wait for the New Improved SBC ID but if the DC can monitor 2 other inputs (ie oil temp) like the ID, then I would like that instead......

.....but nobody knows the spec of the DC, do they?

p.s. Am I rich again yet Papa?

Papa Lazarou
20-02-2002, 12:38
Yes the DC can monitor 3 additional inputs, allegedly. It does not have the ability to monitor air fuel ratio (the lambda signal) though. This is as opposed to the 4 channels of the Id. It also does not have facility to communicate with the Power Meter Id via IR.

Arrgh, not rich yet Will (sorry). I will ask my bank to do it over the phone as the damn online service won't work with my works firewall.

Papa Lazarou
20-02-2002, 12:59
Will your money should be in your a/c now! (or at least overnight)

Will
20-02-2002, 14:23
Cheers Papa.

Will hold out for the new ID then. I expect it'll come out with a nice new shiny price tag too..... :rolleyes:

Alex H
05-03-2002, 19:23
Was the optional input in the SBC-iD for a temp sensor????

I mailed Racelogic about it and got F-all response. How can I get the additional part?? How much does it cost has it been discontinued as well???

Cheers