Thread: Glovebox light part 2

Rides

Glovebox light part 2

I've just been browsing through the nissan parts cd and I have found that there actually is a glovebox light assembly available for that s14/a.
    In total including VAT is comes to us at £45.70.
    I simply cannot understand why they make but don't fit this on what is essentially a what £22-27k? car when it was new.

I'm gonna have a look around the scrap yard, it wouldn't surprise me to find that the glovebox light from a sunny would be the right part (especially if you consider that we have sunny indicator/wiper stalks)!

Let you know how I got on!

Laters

Dan

Rides

Easy!

Well, that all went very well. I got a light from an old S12 that was in there, but I also noticed that a sunny (thanks to nissan for their lack of imagination) and a bluebird had the same unit.

All I had to do was take the glovebox light holder/switch unit out of the fitting bracket from the S12 and pushed it through the mounting hole already in the frame around the glovebox lid whereby it clicked in and was "fitted".

Then I found a nice plug near the stereo that was unused and contained a permanent live, an ignition live and another that came live with the lights.

Sweet, wired it up to the permanent live and VOILA, one glovebox light

Also, I picked up a couple of the rubbers that act as gaiters in the indicator and wiper stalks from a vauxhall and fitted them, GREAT, no more ugly holes in column

All for £3, nice one

Dan

Rides
    Nice!

Now take some pics and email them to Nissan and tell them that this is how it's supposed to be!

Rides
    Yeah should do, can't believe the bloody cheapskates! Next I am going to try and use a capacitor somehow to make the interior light dim on and off

It's the little things that make the whole car feel better

Rides
    Little mods are like snacks, good for in between big mods/meals.

(Don't mind me, I'm a bit tired, if you hadn't noticed)