Thread: How To WIRE Apexi AVCR Boost Controller With Pics!

Rides

Exclamation How To WIRE Apexi AVCR Boost Controller With Pics!

So I put this together today to help others actually wire in their own Apexi's. Because pictures paint a thousand words and because I couldn't find anything myself when searching for this. (And mainly because I was bored and was thanking my lucky fecking starts I had some wiring to do! )

Anyway:

Step 1. Disconnect the battery - Mine doesn't exist because my charge pipes have made use of the battery tray.

Step 2. Remove the passenger kick panel via two phillips screws to find the ECU.

Step 3. Undo the 10mm bolt all the way out even when it's free spinning.

Step 4. Take the business end of the Apex'i wiring and do the following:

Connect the green and black to ground:

Connect the grey wire to pin 38 Throttle signal. That is to the light green wire with a black stripe. Connect the White wire to pin 53 - Yellow with a green strip: The Speed Sensor:

Now connect the Purple wire to pin 7 - RPM Signal: Yellow with a red stripe:

And the remaining red wire goes to pin 59 which is +12v ECU power. This is the second last one on the bottom row to the RIGHT of the ECU plug. It's Black with a white stripe.

So far this is all I've done, the next mission is to remove the passenger side wheel arch liner so I can access the rubber grommets to push the boost and solenoid valve plugs through. I will Update this with the relevant pictures.

Tosseef Hussain.

Rides
    Morning all, Just to remind everyone that the green and black are both negative earth and Apex'i recommend that they both be spliced onto pin 60 of the ECU (- ground: Solid black wire - about a centimetre apart on the same wire).

I know this too. But I have done it in the way pictured above so I know first hand what the main differences will be from sharing a common ground and making a closed circuit on the ECU side.

Thank you.

Rides
    So I've routed the wires today and thought I'd illustrate for anyone else who may want to do this in future.

After securing the wiring:

Then strip away the passenger arch liner to find this bung, take it out and slice it from one side to allow the cables to go to the middle. Pushing them through is a mission!

Then you'll want to pull them through the triangle hole where the ECU cables run through. And roughly lay them where the boost solenoid will be and the pressure sensor:

Once you've pulled the wires through and they're nice and evenly tight you'll want to insulate them to the ECU wiring:

After all that it's on to setting up. Which I will need help with.

Rides
    Nice one TC...

Im sure it will help loads of peeps even though noone ever posts, LOL...

I thankyou on there behalf..

Rides
    Thanks Shane, I take it you've bought one then?

Also note that A'Pexi say to keep the green and black on the ECU earth wire 2cm apart. (Like that makes some difference.)

I thought I'd post that too before the trolls get here.

Rides
    Nice, well done.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosseef Hussain View Post
    Thanks Shane, I take it you've bought one then?

Also note that A'Pexi say to keep the green and black on the ECU earth wire 2cm apart. (Like that makes some difference.)

I thought I'd post that too before the trolls get here.
    Na, for mine ill be getting the HDI one.. However, If i ever get an RX7 in the future i will be getting one then There a good piece of kit and very easy to use.. Shouldnt of sold mine