Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choppys 200sx S13 - DIY Build.

Rides

Choppys 200sx S13 - DIY Build.

Just going to copy and paste this from a thread i had made on another forum a little while ago when i first got the car, as im not a full member on SXOC yet i hope it is ok to post here? I will keep this thread updates as regularly as possible!

After months of drooling over S13 Images/Videos i finally got my ass into gear and put the feelers out for one, eventually picked this one up from Wayne @ SWRC (Top bloke ) the car has no engine or gearbox and is missing bits and pieces from the interior but it suits my need perfectly, and the price was right!

Got the car home and found the car had rear coilovers in it (Kei Office?) which was a nice surprise, also found a hole on the driver side sil which will need welded! The bonnet has been dented around the front after it was lent to another S13 which had a smash but other than that the car seems pretty solid with no other rust!

As i cant insure the car for decent moneys until July ( My 20th Birthday) i will be trying to have the car on the road for then!

Currently i am driving my Honda Civic EG which i built last year, it is currently for sale to fund a Sr20 swap/Runaround car!

Anyway enough of my chit chat and on with some pictures...

First things first i decided to give my garage a good clearing out and a quick lick of paint, this took up pretty much all of my time today but it was worth it in the end!

Thanks for looking..

Dylan.

Rides
    A quick update..

Car is stripped down with 90% of the sound deadning removed, The interior + Engine looms are gone, Brake lines/ABS unit are gone, All interior is gone bar wheel + column!

Next stage is to remove the battery tray of death and get the rust cut out + patched! Excuse the mess of the garage it needs a bit of a spring clean again!

Still undecided on the colour scheme Picture of ideas included below!

Next updates shouldnt be to long!

Bare looking car.

Battery Tray of Death.

Inside.

Nuts/Bolts carefully packed!

Done some photoshop work on an american 240sx which suits to the sort of styling i want the car to have to give me an idea for colour schemes!

and here is a link for a higher resolution so everything can be seen clearly!

http://www.northcoastcruisers.com/Montage(small).jpg

Dylan.

Rides
    Keep up the good work, keeping the bolts packaged up like that is a good idea, trust me haha

what are your aims for it? drift? track? road toy?

what sort of power are you wanting to achieve?

Rides
    nice looking civic

Rides
    Bit of luck with the battery tray there

Looks you could get through it with a butter knife.

Will make a FMIC install a piece of cake

Rides
    your the same age as me then im 20 in july, how much is your insurance? im paying £1600 fully comp at 19

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Stance200 View Post
    your the same age as me then im 20 in july, how much is your insurance? im paying £1600 fully comp at 19
    Not paying anything yet as i have not had the car on the road!

Due to me being in Northern Ireland my insurance will most likely be more than that I got a quote not so long ago and i think it was coming in at around £2000, No accidents, No points, 1 Year NCB, 3 years driving end of july!

Rides
    I want another EG so bad

+1 for easy FMIC install lol

Rides
    Awww man, I didn't do that when I took my IP out hahaha. I put them all into sandwich bags and then realised a couple of days ago I forgot to label them

What a pain that's going to be hahaha.

Keep up the good work mate.

Rides
    Hey chop nice project mate, im sure u will make it a good one.

Dark Grey would look lovely imo

Rides
    look at all my hard work :P

i vote pink exterior, purple interior and engine bay...

Rides
    Cheers Marteh!

Oh yea, cheers to Bugie for the hand with his gammy finger lol

Rides
    I'm likin the Teal Green with Pink under pinnings.

Very nice yet very different.

Rides
    Thanks for the comments guys!

Picked up my passenger seat last night, heres a few pictures of both the seats! Both of them could do with a good clean but that will come when there getting put in!

Passenger:

Driver:

Should have a couple more things here in the next week or so!

Dylan.

Rides
    Soo... Me and a few friends went on a road trip today to bring home my new engine! Sr20 swap y0! I havent got pictures of it as i cant be arsed trying to open the other garage tonight.

When we were so far down the country we decided we should try and see a set of overfenders which were for sale on a local forum, so we stopped in on the way home and ended up coming home with a full set of fenders and a fibreglass bonnet for the small price of £250!

Please note i have litrally just came home and threw these onto the car to see what they look like!

A few updates to come but i am mainly focusing on trying to get the engine bay ready for some paint!

Thanks for looking..

Dylan.

Rides
    Decided today that im not going to keep the bonnet, going to get a OEM one as im already not keen on the Vent!

Rides
    Some Updates..

Got my welding completed thanks to a mate, the car is very bare and the windows will hopefully be getting taken out tomorrow evening, have bought a few bits and peices for the car this month but as always money is tight!

Got the following

- Viscous Fan
    - Apex Downpipe
    - 800bhp Short shifter
    - HEL Braided brake lines (Purple)
    - Engine bay Paint

Heres some pictures..

This is the current way the engine bay is, just laid down some fibreglass ready to leave the engine bay nice and flush.. Also note the battery tray has been removed and a few of the holes patched up, it still isnt totally straight but i will need to cut a hole there for the IC pipes anyway!

Got the boot welded up and laid down some Fibreglass there also, all needs sanded down yet but im more focused on the engine bay for now..

Also got the hole in the sil sorted which turned out to be rather big, a few patches were also put on the inside of the car in the usual rust zones!

This is the colour for the engine bay, it started life as Lambo Verde Scandal but after the guys mixed it wrong and it looked yellow i took it elsewhere and had a load more green added to it making it kind of sexy!

Got a few pictures of the Engine, Box and looms etc, excuse the pictures the lighting or space in my other garage is not good!

Bought these Work Equips in need of a refurb, not 100% sure what im going to do with them yet.

Need to get rid of my Fibreglass bonnet as i dont think it will suit the style of the car, trying to get myself a OEM one lined up, on the hunt for a cheapish 2nd hand Alloy radiator also if anyone has one?

Hopefully by tomorrow i should have the holes in the engine bay flushed and ready to paint!

Updates soon, Dylan.

Rides
    Its a bit of a long time coming but i finally have an update!

Got a nice intercooler from my mate Neil! (cheers)

Laid some primer down on the Interior & Engine bay of the car (Also took the windows out)..

Then over the last two days i laid the green paint down for the engine bay, 3/4 Coats of paint and 3 coats of lacquer, I will let the pictures do the talkign..

Still waiting on my 52mm Alloy radiator coming, also have a 3" Stainless downpipe bought.

Next stage is to paint the inside of the car purple, refurb the subframe and get the Engine in.

Thanks for looking.

Rides
    oooh damaged bride buckets, my fav.
    Drop us a pm when you replace it, I'll take it off your hands

Whats with the SR swap, keep the CA ftw

Good looking build there, nice one picking up all that aero and bonnet for £250

Rides

A Rubbish picture from a few weeks ago taken with my iPhone!

Got most of the wiring completed..

Going to collect my Kouki front bumper this weekend!