Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2002 S15, 350z Brembo F+R, HSD Sus etc

Rides

2002 S15, 350z Brembo F+R, HSD Sus etc

My S15 is very reluctantly up for sale.

Ive had it since the end of last year, and have only just finished it to the spec you can see below. Why am I selling it now ive finished my dream car? I want to get some money together for a mortgage, so im keeping my old corrado and selling the S15 as ive put a lot of money into it, and feel almost scared to use it now! On top of that, im self employed and find myself running around in my van all the time, so it doesn’t get used enough for the amount its cost.

Onto the car. It’s a 2002 Spec S, that has had an SR20DET and manual gearbox conversion from a low mileage S14 (66k, still have the rest of the front cut with clocks) The engine conversion has been carried out very very carefully as I never intended to sell this car. I have retained the ABS and Aircon which are commonly lost with the conversion, the wiring loom is mostly converted by repining connectors, and any other joints soldered and covered in adhesive lined heatshrink tubing. It will be as reliable as any other factory car. The consult port is wired in correctly for engine setup. The car also has a genuine S15 Spec R Helical LSD fitted.

I have noticed some talk on the forum with people questioning late model s15’s regarding the import testing. This car was imported in April 2004, which I believe was before the current testing regulations.

The car has had a good few quality modifications, all have been fitted in the last few months and the car has covered probably covered about three or four hundred miles miles since I have owned it so everything is basically brand new. The brake conversion has only just been completed and the pads bedded in:

Full 350z brake conversion front and rear. 324x30mm front, 322x22mm vented rear. The disks and callipers were from a car with 7k on the clock. The calipers were stripped to bare metal and finished in high temp 2k paint. Latest compound Yellowstuff pads front and rear and Apex Stainless braided hoses. S13 backplates/handbrake mech and new skyline handbrake cables. This is a huge amount of work and money, especially the rears which are documented on this forum, They work as well as I hoped!

HSD HR coilovers. These are absolutely amazing, I cant believe how well these ride on the road considering the fairly stiff spring rates. They are sitting the car fairly high at the moment as I have a lumpy driveway at home!

S15 Spec R helical LSD

Apex Steering rack mounts

Whiteline Poly tension rod bushings

Subframe locking collars

Front strut brace, not in the photos as I forgot I bought it and only just found it today!

There are a pair of genuine Spec R Aero sideskirts in the correct colour and perfect condition to go with the car. I haven’t fitted them yet as doing it properly means drilling the bodywork to fit the clips, and I cant bring myself to do it! They could probably be stuck on instead.

350z Forged Rays wheels, 18x8J front, 8.5J rear. These are seriously light wheels at around 8kg each

Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric tyres 225 F / 235 R

OEM HID Dipped Beam

Aftermarket 50W HID Main beam

Front mount intercooler

Evo 9 Recirculating dump valve

Blitz induction kit

Mongoose 2 ¾ “ turbo back exhaust. Decat with original cat for MOT time.

Stainless exhaust manifold and turbo elbow.

60mm SR20DE throttle body

HD Stage 1a chip.

Poly filled standard engine mounts. These are pretty stiff, they are settling in now but ive got a standard set to go with the car in case you want to change them back.

Shortshift kit

There is probably more I have forgotten. The car is in excellent condition overall, absolutely no dents however small and no rust on the bodywork whatsoever. There are a couple of marks on the bottom edge of the front bumper as pictured. The interior is also excellent, the seats look literally showroom fresh. There is a tiny bit of wear to the centre console that S15’s seem to suffer from. The car itself has 72k on the clock, obviously some of these were in Km before import, so it has probably done similar to the s14 engine it has in it.

The most difficult bit is the price. Im putting it up for £8950 ono. S15 prices seem to be all over the place, and im sure this reflects their condition. I know this is not a genuine Spec R, but I know the condition of the car, the quality of the modifications, and more importantly the fact that everything is new as opposed to the half knackered stuff you get on most modded imports. I know some will think the price is steep, but i really dont think you'll find another S15 like it.

Any questions or if you want to come and have a look, please either PM me or give me a call on 07872898991. This is a works phone as well so out of work hours please send a tx first or I probably wont answer!

Photos in the next post hopefully

Andy
    Last edited by s15andy; 11-08-2009 at 22:31. Reason: Incorrect advert

Rides
    You might need to be a bit patient with the pics...

Rides
    very clean looking car

Rides
    That spec is insirational gotta get off my fat arse and sort mine out with a DET! Stunning car & very good price too

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s15andy View Post
    Full 350z brake conversion front and rear. 324x30mm front, 322x22mm vented rear. The disks and callipers were from a car with 7k on the clock. The calipers were stripped to bare metal and finished in high temp 2k paint. Latest compound Yellowstuff pads front and rear and Apex Stainless braided hoses. S13 backplates/handbrake mech and new skyline handbrake cables. This is a huge amount of work and money, especially the rears which are documented on this forum, They work as well as I hoped!

Andy
    Sorry to hijack but do you have a link to where the making the rears fit is documented as i'm about to do this on my S13 so could do with doing a bit of reading up first!!

Cheers,
    Phil.

Rides
    Thanks for the comments

As for a link to the 350z rears, i cant seem to find it now! Basically, the rear calipers are the wrong bolt spacing for the hubs, and not centered on the disks. You can use one bolt hole, then you need to split the caliper...i welded up the other hole, welded more aluminium onto that lug, then milled the face of the caliper to centre the caliper over the disk, and drilled and tapped the other hole in the right place. As for the handbrake part, loads of work for me, but fine for you already having a drum handbrake! Ive got pics of the rear calipers in progress i can send to you if you like?

Rides
    Yes please mate!

phillipharris48@yahoo.com

Rides
    I cant remember the differance but do the spec S have the extra bracing the same as the R?

Rides
    Seeing as this is an 02 plate, is it taxed on engine size or is it emissions based?

Rides
    I'll dig some photos out and email them over soon...

As for the bracing, the spec s is missing out on some of it...it has the b pillar bracing and ive got a front strut brace with it. I was going to buy the rest of the spec r stuff as there was some for sale a while back, but it really doesnt consist of a lot. I cant remember exactly what now, but i know i decided it wasnt worth it at the time.

Regarding the tax, i assume it is engine size based still, or it just happens to be the same. I paid the usual 100 odd quid for 6 months anyway.

Rides
    Bump

I might have to resort to putting it on ebay as a buy it now i reckon

Rides
    Another bump!

Phil - Ive finally emailed you the info on the rear calipers!

Rides
    Yeah thankyou mate!! Much appriciated!!

Rides
    Another bump

I havent put it on ebay yet, i might this weekend maybe.

I'll stick a fresh MOT on it in the next few days as well.

Price still ok? Just not many people with that amount of spare cash about i suppose, i always thought it would take a while to sell.

Rides
    free bump cant see it hanging around long

Rides
    I'm sure there's loads of people on here who really want that car but like me they a) don't have £9k and b) don't have a garage to keep it in... I just couldn't leave that parked on the road

Lovely car, good luck with the sale

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    That is a fantastic example. Fancy swapping for a 14a......cough.thatsworthhalfasmuch.cough

Rides
    Stick with it Andy. S15s were never easy to sell before the current economic situation hit, and now... It's a totally fair price and someone will pay it so long as you're willing to wait it out

Rides
    Thanks

It had a fresh MOT yesterday

Im about to put it on ebay just in case there are potential buyers who dont check these forums. It will have a sensible reserve though, as like you say it will sell at some point, just a matter of waiting it out.

In the meantime i should get around to fitting remote locking. I cant believe a car of this age and type hasnt got it!

Rides
    Good luck!
    I have given up selling cars on ebay. There is too many Ebay Dicks out there that just take the piss.
    Totally different, but I had my L200 on ebay for four weeks, up for £3K. I kept getting offers of 1.5K to 2K. Put it on autotrader and sold that morning......and it didn't cost must more really. I think it was £40 for two weeks paper and 3 weeks on t'interweb.