Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: master fob

Rides

master fob

Hi,

Im near sure in this myself. But want to confirm. Im looking at a new s14a and it ahs no master fob. The car currently does have a blipper but its worn and knackered. I know you can get new fobs as did for my old car. But can you get a new master key ? Im thinking you have to buy a whole new NATS II unit ? Or can they be ordered seperate and coded as a master ?
    Thanks

Rides
    Pretty sure you have to get a new NATS unit with paired master fob. As you say, you can get slave fobs programmed to the NATS unit, but they use the master to do it.

Alternative is to get a used one from here.

Rides
    Ya, Thought as much. Hows the camera fella /\

Rides
    Yeah 100% u need the ACU and the master fob. Nissan charge like £176.00 for the ACU master and 2 slaves IIRC. Better to get one of a breaker here.

Rides
    Much ya reckon used one for

Rides
    You could always just get a new case for your current fob if you're short on cash

A second hand acu, master etc won't set you back that much, maybe £60 with the fobs at a guess? Ask a few people breaking their cars on here

Rides
    How much is it to get an extra fob programmed off the master, or is that even possible?

Rides
    It's free, there's instructions on here - there's 2 lots, how to resync an already learned fob and how to learn a new fob. Have a search

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by eager View Post
    Ya, Thought as much. Hows the camera fella /\
    Great - keep entering the photo comp now. Won the first one I entered, but not so good since then. I'll keep trying.

Rides
    Good camera,

Rides
    can you program other slaves to your master? Are we sure about that? Someone please find the thread.. I'm browsing on my phone.. It could take years!

Rides
    if battery in fob run out,do i have to program it again by master fob or just replace battery??

Rides
    Copied from elsewhere on the forum...

To resync an already learned fob (battery gone etc)

1) Press the red and blue button of the keyfob together until the keyfob LED stops flashing.

2) Release the buttons.

3) The keyfob LED should stay ON.

4) Press the red button for 1 second.

To program a new fob to the car

1)Disarm the system
    2)Put car key in ign-on position
    3)Press red button Master-keyfob until keyfob-LED stops flashing(appr. 10 seconds) then stays on continuously
    4)Press red button Master-keyfob for 2 seconds

5)Press both red and blue buttons of the normal keyfob at the same time continuously for appr. 10 seconds until the keyfob-LED stops flashing

6)Press the red button of the keyfob for 2 seconds

Repeat 5&6 for additional keyfobs

When finished: Press the master keyfob (Red) and check the operation of both keyfobs

Rides
    Thanks Voodoo your a *

Bit of an obvious question, but by disarm, you mean unlock the car right?

Rides
    That method works a treat. Did it on the wknd. At one point none of the fobs would work but re-ran through everything and it was spot on

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Bit of an obvious question, but by disarm, you mean unlock the car right?
    Yep, disarm the alarm using the master fob

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_melon View Post
    Copied from elsewhere on the forum...

To resync an already learned fob (battery gone etc)

1) Press the red and blue button of the keyfob together until the keyfob LED stops flashing.

2) Release the buttons.

3) The keyfob LED should stay ON.

4) Press the red button for 1 second.

To program a new fob to the car

1)Disarm the system
    2)Put car key in ign-on position
    3)Press red button Master-keyfob until keyfob-LED stops flashing(appr. 10 seconds) then stays on continuously
    4)Press red button Master-keyfob for 2 seconds

5)Press both red and blue buttons of the normal keyfob at the same time continuously for appr. 10 seconds until the keyfob-LED stops flashing

6)Press the red button of the keyfob for 2 seconds

Repeat 5&6 for additional keyfobs

When finished: Press the master keyfob (Red) and check the operation of both keyfobs
    After doing all the above, once I press the fob button (red one) the car makes a beeeeeeep , and then the hazards flash once... I press it again, and I get the beep and the hazards, and then nothing happens untill I repeat the steps over again.\\i.e the alarm never arms, I just get the nats to respond with a beep..

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Yeah 100% u need the ACU and the master fob. Nissan charge like £176.00 for the ACU master and 2 slaves IIRC. Better to get one of a breaker here.
    Best bet is to get one off a breaker as i did you'll be looking at around £60 - £70 but they go fast as a lot of people are after them If you wanted a new one my local nissan sells the acu with master fob for ~£135 + ~£30 for two new fobs would have to order them in tho
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I've just bought my 200sx s14a and the master fob has the Red (I think) button missing, and the normal fob has been kind of moulded in, which a previous owner must of done, see photo!

I've tryed pushing in the hole where the button should be on the master fob, but nothing happens, and the other button doesn't do anything either (not sure if it should or not)

The thing is I want to replace the fob I use (moulded one), but I guess I won't be able to without being able to use the missing button on the master fob, or is there a way I can still use it, any help or idea's will be much appreciated.

Also does anyone know how much nissan charge for a new fob and what does the bottom button do??

PS: batterys are fine in both key fobs, cus the red lights came on and stayed on when I replaced the batterys

Rides
    You can still use that master fob. Shorting the inner and outer circles together (use a screwdriver?) is the same as a button press. The missing button retains a circular metal disc which contacts the centre blob with the outer circle.