Thread: fmic washer bottle

Rides

fmic washer bottle

gonna fit mine next week after all the bits arrive.

i have sorted a smaller battery.
    what needs doing to the washer bottle iirc something has to be done?cheers

Rides
    I to would be interested in this. From what i can remember i think it just need moving slightly so the pipe clears it. Im sure some people heated up part of the bottle and pushed it in abit to make it clear. Im sure someone will be along soon to correct me

Rides
    you need to heat on of the bottom corners with a heat gun then press it in with the wooden handle of a hammer, not too hard other wise it can crack. push gently then hold in position while it cools, hey presto a perfectly shaped custom washer bottle

Rides
    Thought i read it somewere i will be doing it the way nitrodave has said so is it the intercooler pipe what gets in the way becuase the intercooler pipe is alot fater than a hammer handle or does it just need a little extra clearence

Rides
    I've managed to wedge my original bottle back in with both my 14 and 14a with front mount intercoolers... I've not seen the need to modify one yet.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan E View Post
    I've managed to wedge my original bottle back in with both my 14 and 14a with front mount intercoolers... I've not seen the need to modify one yet.
    Hopfully i can do the same will save some messing round. This doesnt mean the intercooler pipe will be rubbing on the washer bottle does it?

Rides
    The bottle will be propely wedged against the pipe... can't see why it would be a problem though.

Rides
    with the Apex type 1 intercooler kits, you get brackets to rotate the washer bottle so it fits...

Rides
    cheers guys helpful as ever. will there ever be a problem people on here cant solve! lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Carland View Post
    with the Apex type 1 intercooler kits, you get brackets to rotate the washer bottle so it fits...
    dont seem to have one with mine what do they look like do you have a pic?

Rides
    its just three black brackets, i will try and get some pics later as i;m in work at the moment...

Rides
    Same solution as me

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Carland View Post
    its just three black brackets, i will try and get some pics later as i;m in work at the moment...
    That would be great if you could later cant seem to find any brackets in the FMIC box might have to give Apex a ring

Rides
    Seems like a few people have done it this way atlest i know i can do it this way if i cant get the brackets

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 200sxs14 View Post
    dont seem to have one with mine what do they look like do you have a pic?
    No brackets with my kit either...the instructions mention them too.

Rides
    i bought a universal/kitcar washer bottle off ebay - a lot smaller than the 10 gallon standard one, as i was doing away with the headlight and rear washer jets
    just made a bracket up so the filler neck fits beneath the original hole by the battery tray

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 200sxs14 View Post
    That would be great if you could later cant seem to find any brackets in the FMIC box might have to give Apex a ring
    In the instructions it says 2 black brackets, i got 3:

hope this helps...
    Last edited by Carland; 15-06-2007 at 20:31. Reason: image was massive, so re-sized

Rides
    Heres a pic of mine.

On the front chassis leg you can see a few holes in the side where the bolts that hold the whole front enbd of the car on can be screwed in.

Well turn the washer bottle so it faces forwards like the pic and use the smaller bracket to bolt through the top and onto where the leg that origionally holds the bottle in place goes (inside the front wing)

The use the bar (longer mount thingy) to go from the hole on the chassis leg wall type thing to the washer bottle top and bend it around the intercooler pipe

Sorted!

Rides
    I seemed to need lots of space for mine as I could not get the pipe to lay flush with the bodywork. Could not bend the bottle enough without it braking. Ended up cutting a large section out of it and fiberglassing it up again. Works fine now.