Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1070

Thread: New parts fitted......

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    That housing must be genius. What you've achieved effectively eliminates the need for 30 series units. Graphs. Now. Please. Thanks. Lol.
    Awesome result for that turbo, but what size is that exhaust housing now?

Piman - Woudn't agree with you there, as this power has required steep cams, new inlet plus the manifold/housings etc, which a standard mounted 30series might achieve without those bits. I'm instead waiting to see the results of when James gets that 3071x on there and see what this type of combo will achieve. ! I think that will be even more stonking ;-)

Bloody jealous though!

Rides
    Great results, should keep you happy for a while.

Rides
    Very impressive, good work James

Rides
    The exaust housing is still the smaller .64 option and while they are bigger cams they are still only 260's so much more scope for swapping them out with a larger turbo.

I think the next step would definitely be a 3071, Gary has all ready said he is going to try this soon so im sure I can update when this happens....

Rides
    You win the internet really nice figure pal

Rides
    Wow, didn't think it was still a 0.64. Must be pretty choked now though.
    Billet 30 will be fun :-)

Rides
    Couple of pictures of a very very filthy engine bay... Cleaning is this weekend...

Graphs....

This shows the origional low mount HKS GT-RS at full boost 1.6 bar compared to the new setup at 1.1 bar (new setup is in red).

New setup fly wheel BHP vs Torque.

New setup low and high boost settings.

Last edited by Colwell; 26-05-2011 at 23:07.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Awesome
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Need to change your avatar text to "better than Ken" without doubt one of the best put together 200's in the country

Rides
    This is how I plan to get the legs on Ben at the next one, although Im sure he will have secured some more pace by then.....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Need to change your avatar text to "better than Ken" without doubt one of the best put together 200's in the country
    Got to thank Gary for putting it together really, he did another awsome job....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Colwell View Post
    Got to thank Gary for putting it together really, he did another awsome job....
    He has a habit of doing that

Rides
    Serious wedge of torque James!!
    Gary's done a very impressive job there, can't believe how much torque there is before it's got to 1.5bar either!
    Looks like the cams shifted peak power up the rev range nicely ... and still retained awesome low-down torque, must have some aggressive timing down low!

Flamethrower
    Rides
    That's pretty bada$$. That's a ton of good useful power on a GT2871. Step up to the GT"X"3071R and you'll really see the difference
    Injector Dynamics Injectors. We are your #1 source! Best injectors on the market, PERIOD!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=489952

Mazworx SR 91mm & 92mm stroker crank and stroker kits now available!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=437005

Mazworx "Street Series Top Mount Manifolds! Starting @ 799.00!USD! Full GT3076R Turbo Kit 3299.00USD SHIPPED! Both available NOW!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...36#post4725436

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=435546

www.mazworx.com
    Email/Paypal address sales@mazworx.com AIM: mazworxsales MSN:sales@mazworx.com

Rides
    Nice job, bet it's awesome to drive

For the life of me thogh please make a hard alloy intake pipe and use a good filter! If your turbo had a mouth and emotions it'd be crying and screaming for a better filter lol
    Contact Luke at Pipercross, hel sort you out a custom filter which is perfect all round

Rides
    That's nice.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post

For the life of me thogh please make a hard alloy intake pipe and use a good filter! If your turbo had a mouth and emotions it'd be crying and screaming for a better filter lol
    Contact Luke at Pipercross, hel sort you out a custom filter which is perfect all round
    I tested my Apexi filter at over 400bhp, it had no restriction mate We did one pull with the filter on, then with it and the pipe removed

Rides
    It will make a difference, if you were to measure the pressure in the intake pipe with the filter it would be less than atmospheric (IE without it), which would mean that the turbo is working harder to maintain the controlled boost level. It might only be a fraction of a bar, but it would mean the VE of the engine is reduced and depending on where in the comp efficiency graph it is the ACT would be higher.

Rides
    Apexi filters are crap intact most JDM filters are!
    I used to run one also a k&n both left a dusty smear inside the turbo inlet port and I blew a turbo on both!
    Iv been using Pipercross for two years now, not blown a turbo and not had any dusty smear in the turbo, even after Norfolk which is a shale track.
    The Pipercross filters also come in various grades, and huge huge sizes, with no afm and all that space you might swell use it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Im hopeing to have a proper go in it this weekend and then take it to Le Mans later in the month... The drive home from Gary's was ruined by traffic!

The intake is something im going to look at for sure, Im thinking something shiny in carbon soon as I have time... So could be a while!