Thread: Wont Start?

Rides

Wont Start?

Put my car away as nornal on friday night, been running perfectly normal no signs of any problems or faults. Went to go out on saturday morning car started up fine then died/ stalled as i tried to reverse out of my parking space! Tried to start it up again and it wouldnt. Would turn over but not start, got lots of shiney new bits to put on it but cant even get the car off the front, Any ideas guys, really need help with this.
    Thanks B17DUF

Rides
    Driver's footwell, fuse box, right hand column, third from top = Fuel pump fuse.

Pull it out, crank the engine for ten seconds or so (ten seconds seems like a long time while you're doing it) , then refit the fuse and try again.

This is assuming the engine is flooded, from being started on Friday night, and switched off again within a few seconds.

Rides
    Will try that when i finish work tonight, Fuel pump should be ok because i only changed it bout 9 month ago for a walbro from Apex.

Rides
    Mine's been doing this yet again for the past week or so.. But on Saturday it mysteriously cured itself again. I got so annoyed with doing the damn fuel pump fuse pulling thing that Ive put the fuse on a switch now.

Rides
    Probably makes no difference but car is parked on a slope ( nose down ) would this cause a problem in itself?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Driver's footwell, fuse box, right hand column, third from top = Fuel pump fuse.

Pull it out, crank the engine for ten seconds or so (ten seconds seems like a long time while you're doing it) , then refit the fuse and try again.

This is assuming the engine is flooded, from being started on Friday night, and switched off again within a few seconds.
    Finally found time to try this Jon and it worked,
    So it was flooded but any ideas what causes it to flood? Running a stage 2 chip from Jez which i1ve never had any problems with. Fuel ecomonomy is the same as its always been. Could it be the auto choke on the cold mornings giving it too much fuel?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by B17DUF
    Could it be the auto choke on the cold mornings giving it too much fuel?
    Most likely

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by B17DUF
    Could it be the auto choke on the cold mornings giving it too much fuel?
    On Saturday you started the car, the auto-choke is pouring fuel into the engine, then you stalled it/it cut out.
    Last edited by Jon; 08-02-2006 at 08:58.

Rides
    mine done this but mine has done it whilst its warm yesterday and after about 20 minuets of cranking and trying to get it started it just starts up and dies again almost straight away!, i have tried and tested everything. going to try this now any other ideas?

Rides
    Clean your AFM and ICV