Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coilover setup problem????

Rides

Coilover setup problem????

Any ideas coz i havnt got a clue. The settings all messed up on my coilovers, ive got tein type RA from japan, (no instructions or tools ) and there seems to be so much negative camber she handles like a sainsburys trolley with 3 wheels.
    I have no idea of what im doing, but am very handy with a spanner and sledge hammer! Is this a job i can take on myself??? cos every1 i ask, say they havnt got a clue where 2 start?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated

Rides
    Just get an alignment done, that would be a nice start.

Rides
    Front or rear?

Rides
    How low did you go? (measure hub-center to wheelarch)
    Which adjustable rear arms have you also got?

Rides
    ^^^ As above. If its rear, you're not going to be able to resolve camber without additional rear camber arms.

Rides
    The front had tein pillow ball, and i managed to sort them out, both on -1 now. Before drivers side was on -3 and passenger was on +6, really weird!?!
    But i havnt managed to get to the back and and check if it has adjustable camber arms, its been lame weather alday. I'l measure the drop 2moz. Have you guys got any advice on what the camber settings should be? I apoligise now if thats a dumb question

Rides

Rides
    Cheers for that Nicely!
    Just an update, took it to get aligned and everthing was out, they said it was amazing i could even get it to stay on the road! The front has been done, but the back passenger side rear toe adjuster wouldnt adjust. So in all my searching I found several kits, but with my stupid spending habit, i bought a full D2 kit from driftworks. It consists of

2* front tension rods
    2* rear camber adjust arms
    2* rear toe rods

in a cool purple colour!

Neway gunna crawl under the car and fit all this and get it re-aligned!
    If anyone is interested i'l put up some photos of the instalation. If no ones interested then i wont bother, let me know!
    Oh yeah my front shock is leaking oil aswell, hopefully only a oil seal, but wot do people rekon, shall i get all the shocks serviced or just the leaking one, all the others are bone dry and look pretty new?

Rides
    Cranky said he sent his off to Demon Tweeks and repaired for £70.....

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...highlight=Tein

Edit - if you took some pics, post em!

Rides

next problem Water Pump Part No please

I spoke to SRB about getting the shock serviced and it seems like a long process, i have to send the shock to Tein uk who fix, who call srb and check waht needs doin, they fix it (hopefully) then tell srb to take payment, then once cleared they send the shock to SRB who send it back to me, and can take from 7 - 10 days!
    I'l try Demon next.
    Anyway, back to the toe rods etc, started work last nite but just as i started the light died! And on the way home, all of a sudden my battery light appeared on the dash, pulled over, water is pis*ing out of the water pump. Any one got an idea of a nissan part no for a sr20det water pump?? is it the same as the s14??

Rides
    I fitted a S14 water pump to my S15 without any problems. As I could hear a grinding noise from the bearing.

Rides
    Cool, do you mind me asking how much you payed for it?? My guys down here are saying £45 + vat

Rides
    Update.
    After reailsing its below freezing and i dont get anywhere to fit the parts till gone 10pm, i had AP down here fit them while i was at work! (Bit of a cop out! and an added expense)
    While they were down there they have informed me that the o/s/f ball joint is EXTREMELY warn. To replace this its gunna cost £150+vat +fitting, cos you cant just buy the joint you have to buy the whole transverse arm, and to really kit me in the nads, its gunna take 3weeks from when i order it to arrive. (More bloody money!)
    Also going back to my leaking front shock dilema, because the kit was only available to JDM it needs to go back to japan to be serviced, and this is the route that TEIN uk say it needs to go thought....

Send to Tein UK (proberly £20+ in delivery)
    It takes them 10 days to look at it
    If its something they can fix it will cost between £85-£230 (Only if its something they can do in the UK)
    If it needs to go to Japan (which they are 95% sure) its gunna cost me the postage to send it there
    Once they recieve it they need it for 10+ days min to do an overhaul
    They for the total cost to have it looked at and fixed is £300+ and my car would be off the road for just over a month, possibly longer if japan need to get parts.

Or

I can buy a single front shock of Tein in Japan which i will need to get though Tein UK for £300+ neway....

Does neone else think this is ridiculous????? What do they do with the shock for 10 days?????

Neone got any suggestions and yes your sugestions may include buying a new set of shocks of similar spec but i wont be entertaining suggestions of anything made by Tein!!!

Ps once my old girl gets back wit my camera i'l post some pics of the new parts on the car!

Rides
    Finally....

Its all sorted! Shes driving straight, all aligned and sitting low.
    Unfortunately I didnt fit the D2 camber kit myself so dont have any pics of the work in process, but by all accounts it looks an extremely easy job with help of some penertrating oil.
    Ne way for those you like to see waht you get in the kit here you go...

The box

All the parts

The front tension rods

The Rear camber adjusters

The Rear Toe Adjusters

The following are pics of them on the car, and before anyone comments yes i know the coilovers look fecked! Ive now changed them for some D2 Coilovers (Pics coming soon!)

Rear angle 1

Rear angle 2

No some shots comparing before and after...

Rear D2

Rear OEM

Rear Camber D2

Rear Camber OEM

Rear Toe D2

Rear toe OEM

Still got to take take some pics of the tension rods (Will post soon)

Rides
    Excellent pics

Rich

Rides
    I really need some rear camber arms as my camber is very much on the negative side.

Nice pictures

Rides
    I do recommend these D2 ones, you can either buy them on their own or as part of the full kit.
    Got mine from driftworks

Rides
    I think i know the answer to this, but Is there no adjustment in the OEM rear upper link??

I have been meaning to get my rear camber adjusted via aftermarket arms for a while now, but i have a trackday on Saturday and just wondered how much if any i could reduce the neg camber by then, anyone know??

Rides
    Answered on s15oc.com. Though I'll repeat that Apex's alignment kit will be at least the same quality as the D2.

Rides
    I agree, i think mine cost slightly more. Depending on how fast you need them, the D2 are always in stock, apex never phoned me back when i was looking for parts so they lost out!
    from the looks of the photos there pretty similar. Dont know about Apex's ones but mine came with 1yr warrenty. Nicely you have a few Apex bits whats there warrenty policy??