Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB26DETT into s14a

Rides

RB26DETT into s14a

I know this may have been covered before, but cant really find the answers using the search button

I am going to put rb26dett into my s14a, my question is what extra parts will i need in addition to the ones i have listed below.

engine inc turbos
    gearbox
    engine wiring loom
    power fc
    engine mounts
    prop shaft
    down pipes
    all engine pipes and intercooler
    alloy rad and slimline fans

Just to add the engine mounts and down pipes are mcinney items and so are designed for this conversion

Thanks

Rides
    You also need an RB25 sump and the gearbox needs to be off the 25. I don't believe the 25 box just bolts up to the 26, so you'll need something fabricated/bought for this.

(EDIT: Just noticed the mckinney downpipe, so ignore this bit. ) You mention downpipes and the like, I'd imagine that the skyline ones won't mate up with a 14 exhaust so they probably need fabricating... similarly maybe with the intercooler, but then samco hoses are your friend there. Not looked into it so can't be sure. You'll deffo need a custom prop made up though.

There's some useful stuff on the RB forum of NICO

Personally I'd refresh the engine too; new oil pump, water pump, bearings etc

Rides
    got the prop shaft with the mckinney kit. why cant you use the rb26 box? is it down to the physical size etc? forgot to mention the 25 sump.

Its it possible to use the 26 box and 4wd the car?, would be loads better

Rides
    yes and sorting the engine now with n1 pump and all new bearings seals and forged pistons

Rides
    Anythings possible with money, but 4wd would be somewhat of a big undertaking! The front of the 14 just isn't designed to put power to the wheels, and I doubt you can just bolt up the skyline suspension etc. It's the old adage, if you have to ask...

The 26 box has a big transfer case wacked on the side so doesn't fit in the transmission tunnel of the 14 without cutting a large chunk out.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by issac
    Its it possible to use the 26 box and 4wd the car?, would be loads better
    Simple answer, no you can't 4wd it without basically putting a S14 shell on a Skyline chassis and I suspect that is a bit more work than you are after. Just buy a GTR if you want 4wd
    You can't use the Mckinney stuff anyway as it is designed for a left-hand drive car with the brakes on the other side etc. Will take A LOT of work, trust me

Rides
    how does the engine mounts effect the brakes? or are you refering to downpipes? if so i will be removing the abs. Is there any other engine mount kit on the market other than mckinney?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by issac
    how does the engine mounts effect the brakes? or are you refering to downpipes? if so i will be removing the abs. Is there any other engine mount kit on the market other than mckinney?
    Yeah I mean the downpipes, they are designed for left hooker with a steering rack other way round
    The person you need to speak to is Julian at WMS in Watford. He fabricates everything himself His number is on the www.driftworks.co.uk forum. His username is DRIFTR and he has more experience at RB swaps into various cars than anyone in UK. Tell him James with the gold S14 sent you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by twinturboch
    Tell him James with the gold S14 sent you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifts_S14
    Sponsors wanted the car in their colours. Not sure if I like it yet or not. It'll look v different once the livery is on etc. It's not the same car anymore. Well, the wingmirrors are the same, not much else though

Rides
    hey james - when you gonna organize that "relaxing" pub meet thing?
    [/hijack]

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by d-anie-l
    hey james - when you gonna organize that "relaxing" pub meet thing?
    [/hijack]
    JAE this weekend, so no-one will be about, next weekend maybe

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by twinturboch
    JAE this weekend, so no-one will be about, next weekend maybe
    Whats all this then??? apolgies for hijack

Rides
    nice one

Rides
    Just though i would up-date you so far, got the Mckinney RHD kit and so all fits spot on, inc the RB26DETT gear box, this was far easier than 1st thought, just needed donor gtr for the transmission tunnel and a very good welder. Got a very reputable tuner sorting out how to sort out the 4wd. it is all very possible with a bit of thought and without working on a gigantic budget, although its not pence either.

I know people will say 'if you wanted a skyline just buy one' etc, but imo the 200s14a is super sexy just needed bigger brothers engine to make it true super car. Also i wanted 4wd as i know my limits as a driver and really felt this would be better. So 4wd 550-600bhp 200sx thingy here i come. Pics and further specs to follow

Rides
    Sounds great if you can get the 4WD system to work

Rides
    Sounds very impressive so far mate.

Are you going to be able to keep the track the same as the S14, or are you going to have to go a lot wider and fit the skyline drive train in? Imo, the silver 4WD RB'd S14a that's been bandied about a lot this year doesn't look very handsome with its wide body. 20mm Wider front and back wings maybe, but much more than that and it starts to look too fat, imo.

Keep up the good work though and don't forget regular updates with lots of piccies if possible please.

Rides
    want to keep it as looking as much like a 200 as possible, from what i am being told looks like custom front drive shaft to be made. Want it to be nicer looking than standard, but still be a sleeper.

Rides
    What are you doing about the front crossmember then? I assume you'll be fitting the front crossmember that came from the doner skyline, too? I know they fit fine in the S13's engine bay - pressumably the S14 is the same?

How do the front driveshafts line up - perfectly, or slightly forwards/backwards?

Rides
    We have not quite got that far yet, just need to finish the wiring off etc, but the means to run the 4wd is there etc i think the drive shafts not sure yet waiting for the guys dealing with it to figure all that out ,