Thread: Aircon Radiator Replacement (How To)

Rides

Aircon Radiator Replacement (How To)

Just a very quick how to in a non spanner monkey way on the removal and refit of the aircon radiator if it becomes damaged.

Jack the car up and remove the under tray, prepare for hilarious rust in eyes moments..

Disconnect the pipe running from the intercooler over the top of Radiator to the Plenum, as this gets in the way big time.

Disconnect the pipes running into the radiator and watch coolant go all over your tools that you left under the car. move all ancilliary pipes out from the fan cowling area.

Disconnect the two brackets attached to the top half of the fan cowling.

From underneath the car un clip the flexible plastic guard that surrounds the bottom semi circle of the fan cowling.

Gently push up on the fan cowling so that it becomes un seated, it is easiest to see the two pivot points from underneath the car.

Disconnect the cable running to the electric fan on the side of the fan cowling.

The cowling should now, with a little encouragement lift clear of the engine bay.

Disconnect the two radiator restraint brackets. As you have already drained the coolant and detached the pipe, the radiator should just lift out, push it back towards the block and wiggle it if it is being stubborn.

Finally to the part you actually wanted to replace... There are bolts holding the Aircon rad to the sides, undo these.

WARNING The next part relies on your car having developed a fault that has caused it to leak all it's aircon gas, like a stone or corrosion. If your system is still gased I take no responsibility for attempting to un gas it yourself, or any harm caused by that process!

Disconnect the small ally pipes that connect to the RHS of the aircon rad and move them out of the way.

Tilt the aircon rad toward the block and lift clear, it shouldn't be stopped by anything as it just has side restraints and little rubber feet.

And that's pretty much it, putting it all back in and back together is actually a lot easier than taking it apart. After putting it all back together don't forget to tighten the hoses to the plenum, and to refill your coolant system, otherwise bad stuff will happen

Hopefully this will save people any head scratching about the best way to do it, as far as I can tell the only way is rad out, as there is no room to drop it down and the cowling contains an electric fan that stops it being slid back

Cheers

Chris

Oh, and big thanks to Steve Carter for answering my stupid questions and to my neighbour Clint, who despite driving a Pulsar is a pretty good guy with a spanner
    Last edited by Chris_Lacey; 04-06-2005 at 18:05. Reason: Props to helpers :)

Rides
    Haha, fookinell, a 'how to' from Lacey of all people.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    After 4 years I thought it was about time

Can someone stick this in the useful threads area?

Used to be Kent, then Cheshire, now Manchester!
    Rides
    The next time someone does this, can we have pics.

Rides
    i take it if you are binning the aircon it would be a very similar procedure?

just a matter of following the ally pipes back to the compressor

Rides
    I'm tackling this job on Friday - Is there definitely no way of doing it without having to drain the rad? Looking at it I was hoping the fan and rad would tilt far enough back to slip the Aircon rad out without having to drain the rad....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nutey
    I'm tackling this job on Friday - Is there definitely no way of doing it without having to drain the rad? Looking at it I was hoping the fan and rad would tilt far enough back to slip the Aircon rad out without having to drain the rad....

Yeah ditto

I might give it a go without removing the rad, always worth a shot aye, i will take some pics as i do it and post them up for you all

Rides
    I managed it in the end with another pair of hands. It's a bit of a tight squeeze but maybe a bit less hassle than draining the rad...

Rides

S14a 07/96 to 10/98: 92110-80F00

There is so much confusion over condensers for S14's It's worth clarifying

For info, the Nissan part numbers (according to the FAST parts CD) are:
    04/94 to 07/96: 92110-65F00
    07/96 to 10/98: 92110-80F00
    10/98 onwards: 92110-80F10

There are only a few suppliers
    Reader who supply Diavia / Delphi' s parts to the UK say they no longer import as Nissan have created to much confusion by changing numbers.

Hella(s?) dont do parts for 200SX's

I acquired my 92110-80F00 from Motor Parts Direct, 01895 256451 ask for Alan.
    His supplier arranged for it to be brought in from Belgium (less than 24hrs) and the manufacturer is in Australia!

£276 but a bit less than Nissans just over £400.

and this is what a 92110-80F00 looks like

Rides
    Hi all,
    a bit dig up on the topic.
    Has anybody have a good alternative to the OEM condenser as it is now discontinued.
    Thanks!

Rides
    The 96 to 98 is still available but it's many, many pennies. If you have your old one I would recommend taking it to a radiator place to pattern one up.

Rides
    s15 one. just bend a few pipes or get the s15 pipes.
    plenty get stripped out for drifting now.