Thread: Thugs cut off cat's ear

Rides

Thugs cut off cat's ear

Thugs cut off cat's ear

RSPCA inspectors were shocked to find a cat with just one ear following a brutal attack by thugs who cut off the animal's other ear with a blunt instrument.

The ginger and white cat, named Vincent by animal centre staff, was discovered bleeding in Black Lane, Horsforth, Leeds by a member of the public. He was rushed to the RSPCA Leeds Animal Centre where staff feared he would not survive because he was dehydrated and had lost so much blood.

However, brave Vincent fought his way back to health and after fruitless attempts to trace his owners, he was successfully rehomed.

Blunt knife
    Centre manager Helen Wright said: "Vincent's ear was definitely not surgically removed. Someone mutilated this little cat by using either scissors or a blunt knife to hack his ear off. The pain he must have endured does not bear thinking about.

"Unfortunately, there are people who get sick pleasure from this kind of thing."

Staff said he was a placid cat who never grumbled when they bathed his ear. It is hoped that after all he has been through, his hearing has not been damaged.

More than 70 animals removed from house

Scores of dogs, which had reverted to pack behaviour, were found roaming the ground floor of a filthy house in Cambridgeshire.

RSPCA inspectors discovered the gruesome scene at the house belonging to Alan Archer, 60, and his two sisters Violet, 66, and Valerie, 52. Inspectors spent more than 11 hours removing 45 dogs, 19 rabbits, five budgies, two cockatiels, a cat, a chinchilla, a guinea pig and a canary.

Inspector Tony Hollis said it was one of the worst cases of cruelty he had ever seen.

Appalling conditions
    King's Lynn Magistrates Court heard how the Archers' lounge carpet was heavily stained with urine and faeces, but the back room was in an even worse state.

The floor was almost entirely covered with compacted excrement. Dogs were climbing on to tables in the dining room and scavenging for food in empty dog food tins, and there were holes chewed in the doors.

In another room, with no lighting, there were hutches containing starving rabbits that hadn't been cleaned for weeks. Upstairs a dog drank from a sink and there was the body of a dead cat in a plastic bag. In one of the bedrooms there were budgies, cockatiels, a canary, and mice running around the floor.

Disqualified for life
    The Archers pleaded guilty to 14 charges of causing unnecessary suffering to 30 animals and all were disqualified for life from having custody of any animal, except a horse, a dog, and a pair of caged birds each.

Valerie Archer successfully appealed against the sentence, and her disqualification was changed to allow her to keep two dogs, geese, chickens and horses. The court ordered confiscation of all 30 animals that were subject to the charges brought.

The Archers were fined a total of £2,300.

Can you offer Prince a home?

Meet Prince - a collie-cross rescued last year when he was found weighing almost half the normal weight of a dog his size. While the RSPCA prosecuted his owner for neglect, Prince was taken to the RSPCA Great Ayton Animal Centre in Cleveland, where he is now waiting for a new home.

Prince weighed just 14.7 kilograms when he first arrived at the centre, but after lots of care he now weighs nearly double at 26.6 kilograms.

He is believed to be about three years old, has a friendly character and is microchipped, neutered and fully vaccinated.

Vital visit
    Prince is looking for a new start in a mature home without other dogs.

If you think you can help, pay him a visit at the RSPCA Great Ayton Animal Centre, Yarm Lane, Great Ayton, Middlesbrough in Cleveland. The centre is open for viewing animals every day from 11am-4pm, except Monday when it is closed.

Think first!
    Before you look for an animal, remember that pet ownership takes time, money, commitment and patience - owning a pet is likely to change your life completely. Check out RSPCA Online's Animal care area for more information about taking the important decision to get a pet.

If you find an animal you want to offer a home to at an RSPCA centre, the centre's staff will need to make sure the animal is suitable for your circumstances. This process is likely to include a home visit. If all goes well and you can take your new pet home, the centre staff will give you any background information they have, plus tips on how to care for the animal properly.

Rides
    awful stuff

there's a house in silverdale, near me, which had over 200 dogs!!! one woman managed to cram them all into a semi-detached house..

rspca intervened eventually... dunno how she managed to feed them all!

Rides
    Originally posted by YorkshireRam
    awful stuff

there's a house in silverdale, near me, which had over 200 dogs!!! one woman managed to cram them all into a semi-detached house..

rspca intervened eventually... dunno how she managed to feed them all!
    sad thing is these weirdo’s actually think they are *helping* the animals - giving them a home etc - which is no where near what they are doing

Rides
    1: FCUKERS!!!

2: FCUKERS!!!!

3:

Dave

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Do you search for this stuff fiesty??

**Controversial view approaching**

Id say that in light of the fact that 190+ innocent people were killed yesterday, another 1200+ were injured and I was in tears for the first time I can remember watching the news, a cat losing one its ears is pretty inconsequential - I mean, how many people do you think got glassed or stabbed last night?? And how many of them did we hear about?

Sure if I saw someone beating a cat or something Id have a word, but Im not going to go mad when I hear about it

Discuss - its been a while since we had a decent one on here
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Nope i don't search for this type of thing i am on the RSPCA news link.

I do agree Madrid bombing was horrific and it was covered here - yesterday:

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread...threadid=81918

but are we used to the fact that these are now daily occurrences?

Rides
    If the feckers EVER tried to do that to my cat I would not be held responsible for my actions

Rides
    Originally posted by Feisty Red Head

but are we used to the fact that these are now daily occurrences?
    What, terrorist attrocities in major European cities. or a cat losing a non essential part of its body?

Maybe Im the devil incarnate, but I really couldnt care less about a little pussy cat, even if it had a firework rammed up its arse, was wrapped in tinfoil and called Mork. IMO there are more important things to be concerned about - if you are worried about animals, what about the vast number that lose their lives on the roads every day??
    Its just not worth the column inches IMHO
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Originally posted by docwra
    What, terrorist attrocities in major European cities. or a cat losing a non essential part of its body?

Maybe Im the devil incarnate, but I really couldnt care less about a little pussy cat, even if it had a firework rammed up its arse, was wrapped in tinfoil and called Mork. IMO there are more important things to be concerned about - if you are worried about animals, what about the vast number that lose their lives on the roads every day??
    But this wasn't in a national paper or something it was on the RSPCA news thing and Feisty is an animal lover and just posted something she thought pertinant.

We're all aware of the tragedies happening all the time and especially yesterday but as Cath pointed out, thats already been / being discussed on here. This is just another subject.

Dave

Rides
    ok ur not worried bout animals

but i do - just cos i do does not mean i don't care about other happenings in the world.

all sorted ?

Rides
    Originally posted by Feisty Red Head

all sorted ?
    Naaaah - I want an argument with someone, see?

Bleeding 6 engineers have said they will start work for me on a new contract for a new client on Monday. Definitely.

1 day later and how many have I got?? None. Lying **** **** ****ing tosspots bitchass trick dick eating cockmasters, the lot of em.

I am going to go and find someone else to argue with now. Goodbye.

Rides
    Originally posted by pottsy
    If the feckers EVER tried to do that to my cat I would not be held responsible for my actions
    Amen to that. I'd be up for murder.

"Meow!"

Rides
    What really got me was that the people who neglected those animals didn'y have their right to have animals revoked, just reduced a bit

And Docwra you're right worse things happen at sea but it doesn't mean the small things don't matter anymore............

What the hell can we do regarding the Al Quaida (spelling?) situation - How can you fight someone you can't recognise?
    Remove all people of asian appearance? (rhetorical)

Rides

this happens so often

it is very hard to develop compassion to people like this.

Rides
    Thats fcuking sick! they should catch them and remove their knackers!

I'm appauled!

Rides
    Originally posted by docwra

Its just the mentality behind it I don't understand. Someone may not like cats or dogs or whatever. Thats fine. But does that mean they have to go and inflict gruesome injuries for fun? IMHO the same sort of person might get the same pleasure out of torturing an animal as raping a little girl.
    Last edited by Papa Lazarou; 12-03-2004 at 17:48.