Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fcuk you're turbo!

Rides

How to fcuk you're turbo!

This is a how to fcuk you're turbo guide!

Basically as a few of you would have seen before my car has been smoking plenty lately. I put this down to the turbo simply being a bit tired.

Anyways fast forward to Sunday a couple weeks ago decided to go drifting, noticed my boost controller was playin up and it was boosting the poor t28h to 1.5bar.

Cars been feeling incredibly slow lately. After about 30 mins of practise I was hearing metal pinging noises out of my exhaust, then suddenly a massive cloud of smoke from the exhaust.

All you could hear when using throttle was turbo blades hitting the housing

Anyway what do ya think? Good for another few thousand miles me thinks

Got another one from Gduk to fit but my oil feeds ****ed so waiting for a nee line tomorrow, so will be fitting and seeing how much nicer it runs.

Had about half a litre of oil in the inlet pipes also lol

Rides
    You need to learn to react to when you get the warning signs of your turbo killing itself, not continue driving it until it makes a mess lol.

My turbo is in the shed as the blades touched the side one night, I drove it home off boost then didn't drive it for a few weeks while I sourced a new turbo .

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    The likely fact now as well is your oils goin to be full of shite mate.

Rides
    Wouldnt have been too clever if those metal bits have gotten into your oil system and now tear chunks off your cams and bottom end, not to mention lumps of metal making there way through the IC (can happen) into the intake

Still, when my old t28 was looking pony i also shoved 1.3+ through it to see how long it could last

Rides
    Come on Daz, that's not how drifters roll Having a bunch of dead turbos lined up on the shelf in your garage is a sign you're doing something right

Rides
    i snapped the shaft of my tubby in half at awesomefest.. now THATS a proper fail

TA DA!

rolled into the pits and did nt turn the car on again for 2 weeks! lost LOADS of oil lol...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Come on Daz, that's not how drifters roll Having a bunch of dead turbos lined up on the shelf in your garage is a sign you're doing something right
    lol.

Rides
    Already checked the huge intercooler and it's clean so no issues there. Gonna drain out the old oil but I'm not fussed as my piston rings have been shitting themselves for months now. Going for either a rebuild or rb25. All I want is to get it running so I can drive it on Sunday to break it again with some drifto

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zornyan View Post
    Already checked the huge intercooler and it's clean so no issues there. Gonna drain out the old oil but I'm not fussed as my piston rings have been shitting themselves for months now. Going for either a rebuild or rb25. All I want is to get it running so I can drive it on Sunday to break it again with some drifto

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Sig quote for truth

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Wouldnt have been too clever if those metal bits have gotten into your oil system and now tear chunks off your cams and bottom end, not to mention lumps of metal making there way through the IC (can happen) into the intake

Still, when my old t28 was looking pony i also shoved 1.3+ through it to see how long it could last
    If we were clever we would all be driving around in Priuses and smelling our own farts.

I did something similar on a bike:

top end tap when cold + trackday = valves out the exhaust

Rides
    I want to kill it though Daz! This engines of no use whatsoever, I've got a spare ca that can go straight in / waiting to see about an rb conversion. I actually really want to kill this engine just for shits n giggles lol

Rides
    I want to kill it though Daz! This engines of no use whatsoever, I've got a spare ca that can go straight in / waiting to see about an rb conversion. I actually really want to kill this engine just for shits n giggles lol
    Why though? I've never understood this mentality.

Surely you'd rather have a reliable engine that you can take to a drift day, rag around all day and then drive home. Rather than taking it to a drift day hoping it will explode .

Rides
    But I've got another engine ready to go in??? I'm more likely gonna get an rb in it but whatever way it is this engine is gonna die, it's gotta be swapped out at some point anyway so why not just kill it and give it a graceful end to life?

Rides
    Perhaps he wants a coffee table, and a fully ruined engine is more ideal for this that one he'd be tempted to put back into a car?

Rides
    You know what mate? I've always wanted a coffee table engine just like on top gear!

And in fact I need a new table for my lounge...hmm

Rides
    Coffee table is cool. Needs to be properly degreased and painted though. V8's are best as you have more cylinder's to store drinks, magazines etc.

Rides
    Was thinking of getting acid dipped the just spray painting myself

Rides
    Was thinking of getting acid dipped the just spray painting myself
    That should do it

Put a neon light where the crankshaft would go to light up the cylinders for that mood lighting .

Then for the crankshaft, make one of these .

Rides
    Coooool