Thread: 1991 S13 bog standard, just 54k, stored 10 years.

Rides

1991 S13 bog standard, just 54k, stored 10 years.

I bought this as I had a gold one back in the day in Ireland. Lost the mojo with it, mainly because I cannot see it being better than my current daily classic. Even my son has not managed to break it with his drifting antics.

Tailgate has rust, it has had an mot plate on n/s rear sill end, other than that it has never been welded nor does it need any,other than mentioned as far as I can see.
    The 82 year old guy I bought it from warranted the miles, he owned it 26 years, no paperwork to back it up though, def looks genuine.

He said it was parked up after a very light front end knock, think he got scared of it lol,

The rest is on the listing, with plenty of pictures, the bit under the rear window is solid, as is the patch on the sill, and the welded patch, tailgate skin has holes around back and spoiler, one small hole on frame at shut panel, looks savable, no previous filler in it.

looks bog standard to me, other than alloys, genuinely was still full of clean coolant, oil looks fairly fresh too. turns with good compression.
    Interior just needs cleaning, bone dry, no mould. I have a new red V5, it goes in new owners name, no trade slips, 2 previous owners recorded.

Have a bid or come and try and buy it, Aveley Essex.

Dave 07780 535629, do not call after 9pm or before 8am.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145396553...Bk9SR57TqMfxYg
    Last edited by gsinut; 01-11-2023 at 19:21.

Rides
    Looks like it didn't sell and has been relisted

Rides
    This listing has ended

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Looks like it didn't sell and has been relisted

No, not relisted, it went to Ireland 4 days after listing ended, probably broken for parts and the shell a drift car, import duties are prohibitive, doubt it will see road again, but you never know, jap values there far exceed the UK. A Lexus GS V8 went with it, all my Jap stuff goes there, thought the S13 might have found someone wanting a standard restorable one, it deserved a chance, the money was always there for it though.

I spent it on a 1962 Vauxhall VX4/90, my GSI was feeling lonely.
    Last edited by gsinut; 17-01-2024 at 18:45.

Rides
    Real shame that is, it was live when I posted so it must have swapped hands again. I'd like to hope it'll find a loving home.

Rides
    Real shame that is, it was live when I posted so it must have swapped hands again. I'd like to hope it'll find a loving home.
    I posted it in all the right places, tried to find it a UK home, though I did not need to.

Truth is, very few are willing to take on projects these days, I sold all mine in the summer, the costs are prohibitive, people in general have got lazy, getting anything done other than insurance work is a mission, and the classic car market is on a big down turn in general, lots are being lost as parts cars, and lots are trying to cash in good cars at prices they would have made a few years back.

For years I have pulled things from long term storage, found new homes, but turn down more than I buy now, the excitement of a classic find has gone, the last few I lost money on, unless they are parts car money, it is increasingly difficult to find homes.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gsinut View Post
    Truth is, very few are willing to take on projects these days, the costs are prohibitive
    Couldn't agree more, I'm finding out first hand just how much skilled labour has gone up since 2019.

Rides
    Couldn't agree more, I'm finding out first hand just how much skilled labour has gone up since 2019.

Not just the cost, there are fewer old school people still in the game, and quick turnaround insurance work is lucrative and fairly easy work, mostly replacing panels and paint, so is repairing category cars, good welders are few and far between, it is a skill being lost.

Classic parts are hard to find and also expensive, that with the lack of people prepared to work on them, means financially very few cars are viable, unless you desperately want it for yourself, the market is moving away from modified or restored cars, to good usable originals, you just do not know the quality of parts and panels, or the standard of work, under the shiny new paint anymore, most are repenelled with Chinese replica panels, particularly Ford.