Thread: 200sx S14a front brake upgrade r33 front calipers disc size?

Rides

200sx S14a front brake upgrade r33 front calipers disc size?

i have recently purchased my Nissan 200sx and was sold some R33 GTS-t front calipers with is and was told they would go strait with the s14, after one track day the pads and discs were shot is i think they were only cheep.

so i have got some new brake pads that fit the calipers perfectly however i ordered r33 gtst front brake discs thinking that they were the same,but when i went to replace them the cheep discs that were on there they were 312mm and the normal r33 discs are 296mm! so i am now stuck as i cant find any discs that will fit, dose any one know where to get them or change the set up after i have bought these discs http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121658597734

Rides
    Do the calipers fit directly to the hubs or do they have spacer brackets fitted? Might be a kit from DB Power. I seem to remember Dan doing a kit with around a 315mm disc. If that's what it is then send a PM to Dan@DBPower on here, he'll be able to tell you what to order if he can't supply you them himself.

Rides
    Yeah there is a spencer bracket so the calliper is facing the straight ahead position����

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by daveks3 View Post
    Yeah there is a spencer bracket so the calliper is facing the straight ahead position����
    Spencer bracket?! If the caliper is spaced out then that's a big brake kit, almost certainly one of Dan's and probably the 315mm kit. I think they might have used E36 M3 discs re-drilled, I think one of the kits did anyway.

Rides
    Have you any standard s14 discs knocking about? I may be wrong, and hopefully someone can confirm either way, but I seem to recall that those calipers fit the standard discs without brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Have you any standard s14 discs knocking about? I may be wrong, and hopefully someone can confirm either way, but I seem to recall that those calipers fit the standard discs without brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    S14 discs are only 280mm. If they are R33 calipers the standard disc that goes with them is the 296mm disc. So he could just remove the spacer brackets and keep the 296mm discs and they'll fit fine, but would be better off getting the right discs for the kit since he said he does trackdays.