Thread: S13 Workshop Manual

Rides

S13 Workshop Manual

Hi, for years I have used the manual (link below)

http://kiruji.net/200sx/manuals/s13/

It says that it was obtained from SXOC

Has anyone run this through an OCR so that it could be converted to PDF for easier searching?

I have tried on the free online ones but they are limited by file size.

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by xlogic23 View Post
    Hi, for years I have used the manual (link below)

http://kiruji.net/200sx/manuals/s13/

It says that it was obtained from SXOC

Has anyone run this through an OCR so that it could be converted to PDF for easier searching?

I have tried on the free online ones but they are limited by file size.
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    The manuals on kiruji.net are pdf, just not OCR. He has gone to the trouble of breaking it down into sections so it's easier to find the section needed.

If you get a copy of Acrobat you can OCR it. I had a go with Acrobat 6, did about 6 pages and then gave up. The original scan quality isn't really good enough for OCR without a lot of manual work selecting and correcting target words.

The paper is thin so I can see the reverse of the page though it, this means scans have a slight imprint of the reverse side on them (I had a go with supplement). Also as the full FSM is about 4cm thick it doesn't open flat, scan would require cutting the whole manual spine off. It needs an auto feed scanner as it's way to big to do single sheet at a time. Whoever did the scan 20 years ago must have been very very dedicated (as in OCD).

Rides
    Thanks for the clarification skyshack, so yes, it has been tried and I agree it is an OCD job!

When you say that you had a supplement, I'm not sure what you mean. I do have access to a top feeder scanner if there are original manuals about.

Rides
    There is an S13 supplement manual for the facelift.

Not certain but I think the part of the SXOC site that holds the manuals is only accessible to members IIRC.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by xlogic23 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification skyshack, so yes, it has been tried and I agree it is an OCD job!

When you say that you had a supplement, I'm not sure what you mean. I do have access to a top feeder scanner if there are original manuals about.
    The front page of the manual says "Supplement-I". Supplement is on the mega.nz site linked to above, it's called "S13 facelift manual" but is actually for series 01 produced from Sept 89 to Jun 90 still with the pig nose. What we all call "Facelift" is series 02 which went into full production Jan 1991. There is no manual for series 02 boat face.

"series" is the first digit of the 6 digit VIN.
    JN100RS13U00nnnnn series 0
    JN100RS13U01nnnnn series 1
    JN100RS13U02nnnnn series 2
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...=1#post6731326

Starting from chassis number JN100RS13U0100001
    Europe got LSD
    Low back seats seats with lumbar support (but not UK?).
    ABS for RHD except Europe.
    Germany head lamp aim.

"Facelift" manual has a number of important errata to bolt torque settings and electrical systems diagrams.
    Has details of LSD and oil cooler.

Rides
    Ha. That explains why I didn't see the changes I was expecting to when I read it 10 yrs ago

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk