Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: crash repair - help & info.

Rides
    Didn't know that. Assumed it was just the covers.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Didn't know that. Assumed it was just the covers.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I didn't realise this either - I have a spare pair of UK headlights / covers and assumed they were the same. bugger.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    his is a 180sx so has different headlamps to uk spec cars.
    they don't stick out as much

if the crossmembers are like micra ones just weld up all the unused holes on the top/front/back.
    gaz, where did this come from? I've checked FAST and they're the same part number for all the cars - the thing that *is* different is the bloody thing I've already bought - the whole slam panel assembly - it's a different part number. no idea what's different.

edit - checked out all the individual part numbers, it's the lower member that's different. I'll have a look to see if it's anything big.
    Last edited by alanjuggler; 11-02-2016 at 20:11.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

Rides
    Just seen this Alan am glad you ok.

Two things, firstly the parts guy at Middlehurst Motorsport (best Nissan dealer in europe) had an s13 and is good at getting difficult parts.

Secondly if you need some help one weekend we can round a few of the NW regulars up and most are thankfully much more mechanically competent than me, I can make the tea
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Sorry to see this Alan. Anything you need give me a shout. I have a spot welder and more clamps than you can shake a stick at I also still have the Mini rollover spit and the dolly, although my S13 is sat on the dolly at the mo
    If you want me to pop over one evening for morale support/advice/kick tyres, then give me a shout. Also, if you want any panels painting prior to fitting I would be only too happy to sort that too.

Glad you came out ok, that's the main thing
    PM on it's way with my contact details
    Hats off for fixing it, doesn't look too bad to me
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Rides
    Don't let Pete near it Alan ! He'll start at the front and strip and respray every nut, bolt and clip until he gets to the boot catch

Rides
    LOL @ Jonny,

Thinking about it, my front end is in bits.......

Might be a good time to take some measurements to check for shell straightness/aligning the front panel
    Pete

Rides
    All the body alignment measurements are in the FSM.

Glad you are OK.

Rides
    cheers chaps - I do appreciate the thoughts Scottie, if I get stuck spannering, I'll throw a thread up in the NW section - so far the front end is off - the spot weld drills have already come in rather handy

I've done an initial test fit of the new piece and it doesn't look too bad.

this weekend I'll be measuring it up and then cutting out the lower piece of the inner wing to replace that.

the upper piece is pretty messy, will throw up some pics

Rides
    seeing them with my eyes is what lead me to believe the headlamps are physically different. your uk spec ones will fit and work though so don't sweat it.

Rides
    Sounds like your cracking on with it! Faor play

Rides
    well, I'm still buggered for finding an S13 that's breaking where I can cut bits off, I figured since it was crumpled up I couldn't make it any worse and since I had a set of panel beating hammers from when someone went into the back of a friend's MR2...

start of the day ..

how I left it at the end of the day..

next stage is to take off the front ARB/tension rod arms since the brackets either side have some damage from where the lower member pushed back - I have a spare nismo powerbrace in the garage that needs refurbing - the studs are a bit knackered but easy enough to fix, will lengthen at the same time to make the ARB spacers I made easier to fit

I'll likely weld in some pieces of metal once that it's a bit straighter to give some of the strength back.

at that point, I'll be offering up the wings etc to see how it all fits together. I'm hoping with the datum points I've got - the rear of the car is definitely square, I can measure everything up and get it square.

I think it's time to get the bonnet ordered from Daz.
    Last edited by alanjuggler; 01-03-2016 at 09:03.

Rides
    Looking good
    Pete

Rides
    I wouldn't go that far - but it is progress

Rides
    right, for any of those people that have fitted either the lower cross member or the whole front end, how much massaging was needed? I have some gaps - from everything I can see so far, the car is square. I also have another spare lower crossmember I bought years ago to do my first S13 and never got around to fitting and that has the same gap. I'm a little concerned that this is the one piece that's got a different part number between the 180 and the 200 - I can't see why they would have made changes to it so late in production but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears

this isn't too bad.

this is what I'm more concerned about - it's odd as there's no visible damage to the chassis rails and all my measurements showed they were straight - or within +/-3mm of nissan's measurements in the service manual - which I took as production tolerances.

here's how I set it up - the only thing missing right now is the lower suspension frame so the lower member isn't bolted in yet. (I'm waiting on some M10 fine bolts being delivered to repair the nismo power brace)

Rides
    Can't remember, it was 2010. Bolted it in with bumper, went for MOT which it failed on about 50m of welding, so I unbolted it and scraped the car.

Bolt the bumper on and see if it gets better.

Rides
    The curved part of the x-member where it goes over the chassis legs, there is a gap there as standard i remember from working on mine because i tigersealed the gap!

Rides
    Alan if you put the bolts in just above and on the other side it will close up the gap both sides before you weld it in place

Rides
    when ive done these i just put a ratchet strap between the two front tie down eyes and winched the chassis rails together.

Rides
    Hi there I know this is Alan's post I am sorry I am new to this but I was after a tailgate and bonnet for my s13 rust possible in black please and headlight covers in white. Anyone? Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk