Thread: Ecu options for an import s13 sr20det

Rides

Ecu options for an import s13 sr20det

Just looking around at what my options are for an ecu upgrade.

I'm tempted by the nistune but what else is out there?

I've got around £800 to spend and I'm not looking for stupid power figures. 300bhp would be fine. Currently I'm running hks front mount, apexi turbo and got a z32 afm and walbro waiting to go on.

What's your suggestions please?

Any form of 'home mapping' is out of the window as I'm thick and also have no pc.

Thanks

Ross
    Last edited by slammed 66; 28-11-2015 at 23:17.

Rides
    I can vouch for ross he is definitely thick ��

Rides
    I've got something thick for your mum :-)

Rides
    PowerFC d-jetro and sell the Z32 AFM

Rides
    im running a very similar spec to yours except i have s15 injectors as well. mines still on the chipped ecu from japan but i have a power fc to go on. i think the power fc is a very good way to go considering you can get the power commander to monitor your readings/sensors, plus its simple to set up yourself (basic settings not map)

Rides
    So with the power fc, do I buy one online and find a matching loom? What worries me is that my loom appears to be a 2 year only loom for an import s13. As such I'm really struggling to find bits

Rides
    I've got a Power FC for sale for a redtop 180sx if you're interested?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysfun View Post
    I've got a Power FC for sale for a redtop 180sx if you're interested?
    This is the thing, I could be but I need to know if the power fc is the best option for me and if I can get a loom for it. I know the looms are different between yours and mine
    Last edited by slammed 66; 01-12-2015 at 07:53.

Rides
    I have a power FC on my 180sx and although the technology is older than a few options out there they still cut it with the best i think. Mines been on the car for at least 4 years with me owning it for 18 months, me and a friend road mapped it and its great.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by slammed 66 View Post
    This is the thing, I could be but I need to know if the power fc is the best option for me and if I can get a loom for it. I know the looms are different between yours and mine
    So what car do you have? I gather you don't have a 180sx? Also, what engine do you have? SR20- Redtop/Blacktop/Bentcam
    Last edited by Sidewaysfun; 01-12-2015 at 13:50.

Rides
    be aware that there are two loom/ecu variants for straight cam sr20's, the normal 'redtop' which is common, and the later 'straightcam black cover' which was fitted to the late type x kouki 180sx. the ecu and looms are different between these two types, but you can repin the loom to suit the other type of ecu.

at home i have a 180sx kouki with the late powerfc/loom, and a ps13 with the normal redtop powerfc/loom

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by norfy View Post
    be aware that there are two loom/ecu variants for straight cam sr20's, the normal 'redtop' which is common, and the later 'straightcam black cover' which was fitted to the late type x kouki 180sx. the ecu and looms are different between these two types, but you can repin the loom to suit the other type of ecu.

at home i have a 180sx kouki with the late powerfc/loom, and a ps13 with the normal redtop powerfc/loom

It is indeed a late type x 180sx so has different loom to both the red top and early black top straight cam, meaning there are actually 3 types of loom/ecu combos. This is the reason why I'm finding it so hard to get 'off the shelf' parts for it.

So, we're saying so far that power fc is the way to go? Thoughts on nistune? As they can go straight in my ecu but I believe are more expensive

Thanks for the replies fellas

Ross
    Last edited by slammed 66; 01-12-2015 at 16:37.

Rides
    no, there are two loom variants. the late black top straight cam im talking about is the type x loom/ecu (j4 ecu code).

as said, you wont be able to run a redtop power fc on your loom without re pinning the ecu connector. the reason im talking about redtop power fc's is that the type x (black top) ones are much harder to get hold of.

you could possibly get a 'stage x' chip for your requirements as your mods are relatively common. just thinking of other options.

Rides
    Forgive me for possibly being no help at all, but have you considered something like this?

http://www.linkecu.com/NS13Plus