Thread: Stage 1a chip supporting mods with upgraded turbo

Rides

Stage 1a chip supporting mods with upgraded turbo

Im thinking of getting the Stage 1a chip. im upgrading my turbo as its blown and i have 2 at the moment. 1 is of a pulsar and the other is the gtrs turbo with adjustable hks actuator. i have a cat back exhaust fitted, apexi air filter, upgraded fuel pump and ill be getting the gizzmo boost controller and fitting a FMIC. if i buy the board, which turbo would you think would work better with? or will it work?

Thanks in advanced

Mike

Rides
    If you dont run the correct spec listed for each chip it wont work smple as.

you need a custom map

Rides
    It will be everything except one of the upgraded turbo's. I thought it would be a case of turn the boost pressure low maybe? im not sure im no mechanic just guessing. in this case can the chip have one of the turbo added to accommodate it?

Thanks

Mike

Rides
    It would work, but you'd need to be more careful, especially if you fit the larger turbo - run lower boost pressure and keep an eye on fuelling. It won't be perfect, however.
    I think H-Dev sell the software to let you tweak the map yourself, but failing that you'd need to get a custom one.

Rides
    I think your biggest problem with the 1a map would be the injectors run out of puff in the higher revs but so does the turbo so doesn't matter too much

If I'm right the pulsar turbo has a higher top end capability so as the injectors start to run flat out the turbo will still keep going and it could lean out if your not watching the wideband like a hawk

Rides
    OK brilliant thanks very much for the advice. I was trying a cheaper option but I'll bite the bullet and get the apexi power FC and do a custom map way.

Thanks again

Mike

Rides
    Might be cheaper with nistune

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by michael iom View Post
    OK brilliant thanks very much for the advice. I was trying a cheaper option but I'll bite the bullet and get the apexi power FC and do a custom map way.

Thanks again

Mike
    I have for sale - the right one (plug) for S14a : http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...84#post6714884

Rides
    I might be wrong but the lad that does the mapping on the island can map the power FC but not nistune I'd have to buy the software I guess too?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by _Billy_ View Post
    I have for sale - the right one (plug) for S14a : http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...84#post6714884
    Cheers Billy, I don't have any money at the minute got a few things to get but I'll give you a shout if it's still available, probably January when I'll be able to afford one.

Thanks

Mike