Thread: 180sx SR20DET - Walbro Pump hardwire Help

Rides

180sx SR20DET - Walbro Pump hardwire Help

Hi all,

I have decided to hardwire in my existing walbro pump installed for better voltage direct. my battery is still in the engine bay. I brought a hard wiring kit off Apex performance.

after spending some time looking on the forum to find a guide to help wire the kit in, i am struggling to find a good guide

can anyone help with a simple and graphically illustrative guide? as I have literately no idea what to do when this kit arrives.... electrics isn't my forte!

any help will be grateful,

thanks alot

Wilz

Rides
    Quick google search! This is the guide i used and after reading it a couple times it's very easy to do!

http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-24...p-t545598.html

Rides
    I had loads of problems with fuel pump feed. It wasn't any part of Nissan's wiring but the after market alarm circuit that isolated the fuel pump relay coil circuit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Quick google search! This is the guide i used and after reading it a couple times it's very easy to do!

http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-24...p-t545598.html
    thanks i already seen this guide. it isn't a very good guide though imo... also it doesn't look like he ran a seperate power cable from battery? looks like he just cut into his wiring loom ...

i was hoping you guys would have a clearer guide on how to do this job.
    Last edited by Wils DIT; 22-09-2015 at 18:58.

Rides
    all i want to do is run a seperate power cable to the walbro pump for a constant voltage... of course I would like to do the job properly as usual, So i would like to get some clear instructions on how to wire it through a relay/ fuse set up.

thanks guys

Rides
    Some random eye terminal held on end of +ve clamp bolt by a 2nd nut.
    > some random hand crimped insulated 1/4 spade
    > 30A fuse dangle in space between battery, fuse box, expansion tank and wing.

Thread wire though engine bay and though the hole in bulkhead. Remove back seat, drivers sill trim and kick space trim, lift carpet off sill lip and pull rear seat side trim off at bottom to release carpet. Run wire back alongside loom. Tape to seat floor and push under seat back and tape to bot floor.

If you want to do a better job. Take drivers seat out, remove loom covers and tape wire to loom. Remove rear seat back, side trim and boot trim. Thread wire through to boot alongside loom.

> terminal 30 on relay

Using the chassis for earth requires the paint to be stripped. Or run an earth wire back to the battery.

With pumps like Walbro 400 pulling over 15 Amps I'd suggest it needs solder joints or at least uninsulated crimps so you can inspect the quality of the joint and use an insulation boot.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Some random eye terminal held on end of +ve clamp bolt by a 2nd nut.
    > 30A fuse dangle in space between battery, fuse box, expansion tank and wing.

Thread wire though engine bay and though the hole in bulkhead. Remove back seat, drivers sill trim and kick space trim, lift carpet off sill lip and pull rear seat side trim off at bottom to release carpet. Run wire back alongside loom. Tape to seat floor and push under seat back and tape to bot floor.

If you want to do a better job. Take drivers seat out, remove loom covers and tape wire to loom. Remove rear seat back, side trim and boot trim. Thread wire through to boot alongside loom.

> terminal 30 on relay

Using the chassis for earth requires the paint to be stripped. Or run an earth wire back to the battery.

With pumps like Walbro 400 pulling over 15 Amps I'd suggest it needs solder joints or at least uninsulated crimps so you can inspect the quality of the joint and use an insulation boot.
    top tip! please do post any photos if you have any!

thanks a lot!

Wils

Rides
    Hi Guys,

if anyone has done this job before please do offer some technical guidance...

I am unsure of which of the cables I need to cut and connect the the relay and the fuel pump. the blue plug (5 wires) from the right side which plug direct into the pump as standard, there is a red wire (reading 11.98v with ignition on) and a green wire (reading 8v with ignition on), the other 3 wires are all zero....

so to my understanding, I will need to take the ECU trigger wire and connect it to the relay on 86 ---- ( please can someone confirm which wire this is ? is it the red one reading 11.98v? or the green one reading 8v?) i am not sure if this is the right thing to do?

and then 87 --- i need to connect that to fuel pump side .... now in the 2nd photo below this displays the 5 wires (from stock plug) there is a red one there i can just follow from the plug... do I just cut this and connnect it back to 87 on the replay? (2nd photo counting from top... 2nd wire down from top.. that is the one which goes back to the blue plug's)

***** and if this is the case... what is the green wire from the blue plug for? (the one reading 8v... what should i do with that also?)

the photos below will explain.

Last edited by Wils DIT; 03-10-2015 at 17:03.

Rides
    there is a close up of the standard plug below, and also one with the power cable (fused 30a in between) and the relay which I need help with seeing which wire needs to connect to which...

also if that is the case, the top of the fuel pump has 3 other wires not connected if i remove this plug... will that be ok? just the live 12v to relay then straight to back to the live wire to the pump. the pump is already earthed on top. so i will earth the relay seperately.

many thanks for the help in advance guys,

wils

Rides
    3 other wires on fuel pump are the GAUGE and EMPTY warning light sensor.

Rides
    Thanks Skyshack

So basically all I need to do is get the 12v wire from the blue plug into the replay And back to the pump wiring on the other side of the blue plug. keep the original blue plug pluggued in for the 3 instrument wiring and it will all be fine and hardwired in corectly? (Assuming I've fused the power cable from battery and earthed the relay )

Thanks for your help !

Wils
    Last edited by Wils DIT; 04-10-2015 at 03:51.

Rides
    better that... if that's the case... and that is the trigger wire... I can just take it from one side of the plug and leave the blue plug in for the 3 instrument wires??

Will be a much tidier finish too��