Thread: Any Norfolk folk here live near or around Kings Lynn/Surrounding areas?

Rides

Any Norfolk folk here live near or around Kings Lynn/Surrounding areas?

Basically my folks have a second house up here which occasionally I pop up to for a weekend break away every now and again and in the holidays, it's in a tiny village (Bircham) only nearby populated places I can think of would be somewhere like Kings Lynn

But I've been up and down to Norfolk most of my life, have some family up here and stuff and been to many places like Heacham, Hunstanton and occassionaly popped into Norwich and know my way around a little bit.

Basically I am possibly looking to move up here in the next year or two mainly just wanting to get out of life in essex, providing I also can find work up here.

but just wondering are there any of you bunch who may live around here and would ever be about for a meet up or whatever? May bring my 200 up here but don't know how well it would like some of these country lanes lol.

And is there anything particularly enjoyable or things to do besides car related activities? In general how do you find living up here?

I'd be looking forward to what people would have to say, just fancy a change of scenery from Essex every now and again and would be nice to know if there are any like minded people about, so if I did move up here got some sort of circle/connections
    Last edited by mike_je94; 30-08-2015 at 18:12. Reason: Poor grammar lol

Rides
    I am on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, I believe there are a few folks a bit further north. Put a thread up in the local section

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m44t-xx View Post
    I am on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, I believe there are a few folks a bit further north. Put a thread up in the local section
    Shall certainly have to put a post in that section sometime soon as far as S-Body related stuff is concerned
    Last edited by mike_je94; 30-08-2015 at 18:13.

Rides
    There's a few of us in and around Norwich and I quite like it here. The roads aren't too bad and my car is fairly low and doesn't have that many issues with the roads (regardless of what a certain East Anglia area rep might say).
    It's kind of relaxing round here as it's nowhere near as fast paced as other places, decent roads, cost of living is pretty good, lots of pubs (which also means we have lots of micro-breweries).
    Believe it or not, not everyone has 6 fingers and is inbred (I'm only saying that as I'm not from norfolk originally and have the prerequisite number of digits and my parents are not related to each other - I might be in the minority though).
    All in, it's not a bad place to be, in fact I think it's one of the nicer places to be.

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pea View Post
    The roads aren't too bad and my car is fairly low and doesn't have that many issues with the roads (regardless of what a certain East Anglia area rep might say).
    What happened to your exhaust, your front splitter and how's parking in multi story car parks going?

I'm a bit nearer to Lynn as I'm in Thetford but most of the time meets tend to be in Norwich as it's central for most owners. Where I keep my car is riddled with pot holes and I use a ramp on a friends farm which is a drive up and on, so it's easier and more practical to keep it off the ground a bit.

Roads up here all in all aren't too bad, it just seems to be where I live as it's all country roads with heavy machinery!

Rides
    As stated, I don't have that many issues with the roads (I have other cars to use for multi-story carparks), but we digress.

Quality of life is good here and there are some very decent people around, it's not so good if you are planning on going anywhere as there are only 2 main roads out of Norfolk (unfortunately being in Kings Lynn you'll be stuck with the A47/A17).

Decent nightlife if you avoid the douchebag locations, plenty of places to go out for the day if you like the sea and ice-cream, plenty of chances to pull a "wrong 'un" if you go to Chicago's, etc.

Rides
    There's a few of us in and around Norwich and I quite like it here. The roads aren't too bad and my car is fairly low and doesn't have that many issues with the roads (regardless of what a certain East Anglia area rep might say).
    It's kind of relaxing round here as it's nowhere near as fast paced as other places, decent roads, cost of living is pretty good, lots of pubs (which also means we have lots of micro-breweries).
    Believe it or not, not everyone has 6 fingers and is inbred (I'm only saying that as I'm not from norfolk originally and have the prerequisite number of digits and my parents are not related to each other - I might be in the minority though).
    All in, it's not a bad place to be, in fact I think it's one of the nicer places to be.
    Haha, I wasn't implying anything about inbred rumours lol.

And sounds decent man, I actually learned to drive in Norwich and in that time I thought it was quite a buzzing place, it's a little far from where my folks house is located in Bircham, bout an hour away, but I think most of the opportunities for a better quality of life would be that way for definite, social wise and work is concerned.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    What happened to your exhaust, your front splitter and how's parking in multi story car parks going?

I'm a bit nearer to Lynn as I'm in Thetford but most of the time meets tend to be in Norwich as it's central for most owners. Where I keep my car is riddled with pot holes and I use a ramp on a friends farm which is a drive up and on, so it's easier and more practical to keep it off the ground a bit.

Roads up here all in all aren't too bad, it just seems to be where I live as it's all country roads with heavy machinery!
    Our driveway up here isn't so bad, it's a gentle gravel slope so should be all good there.

I can't think of what name the road is, but they carved a massive bit out of Thetford forest to make a Motorway/A road, can't remember what it's called, but it goes up towards HM Prison Wayland, that's the only clue I can give, looks a real nice road to have a blam on, nice view to also have a cruise down

Rides
    As stated, I don't have that many issues with the roads (I have other cars to use for multi-story carparks), but we digress.

Quality of life is good here and there are some very decent people around, it's not so good if you are planning on going anywhere as there are only 2 main roads out of Norfolk (unfortunately being in Kings Lynn you'll be stuck with the A47/A17).

Decent nightlife if you avoid the douchebag locations, plenty of places to go out for the day if you like the sea and ice-cream, plenty of chances to pull a "wrong 'un" if you go to Chicago's, etc.
    My car don't get on well with Multistory car parks at all, may have to think about raising it if so, but not sure if I can bring myself to do that :P

I'm not massively keen/fit in with lifestyle down here in Essex "*cough cough thanks TOWIE" lol, no offense to anybody. People who I have met around these parts seem friendly

The seaside town areas I've always liked coming to when I was a kid.

Rides
    Thanks all for feed back, nice to know that it seems there's a chance to make a good quality of life up round here.

I defo will have to think about making a trip to a Anglia area meet then I reckon if I come up anytime soon.