Thread: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 2015 - Who's going & where are ye staying?

Rides

Goodwood Festival Of Speed 2015 - Who's going & where are ye staying?

Hey everyone, this year will be my first time at the Goodwood FOS & I can't freakin' wait!!! Heading along for all 4 days & my mate even got me a Grandstand ticket through work - over-frickin'-joyed is not the word!!!

The only teeeeeny tiny wee problem is that it seems everywhere to stay within a 30+min driving distance is booked solid & has been for some time! I've been scouring Booking.com & Expedia & Tripadvisor with no joy whatsoever - I've never seen a place, nevermind all the surrounding towns & beyond all with "booked out" on them!! It's looking like I'll have to stay all the way out at Gatwick & take the 1hr 23min train to Chichester every day at this rate & I'd really rather not if I can avoid it.

Where's anyone on here staying?? Any recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    There is so many places to stay. Quite local to me.

If i were you, i'd stay in Brighton, Portsmouth, Southampton. - Enough entertainment in the evenings to not bore you, and all locations are major towns/cities just along the coast from Chichestrer - Hop on/off really i'd of imagined they are relatively close!

I'd even try Selsey! Some lovely caravan parks for peanuts go theres quite alot.. and its VERY close to GW.

Rides
    Some of us mids old guard will be there Sunday.

If you're passing the Aston tent on Thursday or Friday pop in and say hi to my other half
    The Aston lot are staying in... Butlins in Bognor Regis
    Last edited by Si; 16-06-2015 at 09:31.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldoz View Post
    There is so many places to stay. Quite local to me.

If i were you, i'd stay in Brighton, Portsmouth, Southampton. - Enough entertainment in the evenings to not bore you, and all locations are major towns/cities just along the coast from Chichestrer - Hop on/off really i'd of imagined they are relatively close!

I'd even try Selsey! Some lovely caravan parks for peanuts go theres quite alot.. and its VERY close to GW.
    Still having issues finding somewhere that's actually got spaces though, even B&Bs!! Is there something else going on in the region that week that I'm not aware of??

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Some of us mids old guard will be there Sunday.

If you're passing the Aston tent on Thursday or Friday pop in and say hi to my other half
    The Aston lot are staying in... Butlins in Bognor Regis
    Awesome!

Will certainly do!

Lol! Hey, if it's got space & isn't £400+ for 4 nights, I'll give that place a go!

Rides
    Went with Butlins in the end thanks Si! Cheapest of the lot by far & only 20-25mins away from Chichester so I'm laughing! Had to book it out for the entire week as it turns out (they only do Mon-Thurs & Fri-Mon?? ) but it was still cheaper for just accommodation than anywhere else a lot further away!

Thanks all!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Went with Butlins in the end thanks Si! Cheapest of the lot by far & only 20-25mins away from Chichester so I'm laughing! Had to book it out for the entire week as it turns out (they only do Mon-Thurs & Fri-Mon?? ) but it was still cheaper for just accommodation than anywhere else a lot further away!

Thanks all!
    Your a have a laugh! The one in Bognor!?

Driven past a few times its bloody big!

Not sure if anythings going on that week, (not that i know off anyway!!)

Rides
    Yup! Sure what options did I have?!

It'll be graaaaaaand! Hopefully there's some decent transport in the area heading the Goodwood direction.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Aye, weve stayed in Bognor when weve not camped, get your taxis booked early there and back though - find somewhere a little bit away from the main entrance to meet them too as it gets real busy
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Cheers for the tip Doc! Took a taxi there twice, got lifts from a local friend the other times which was lucky!